Politics Reopening Rally to Be Held Outside Disneyland on Saturday, October 17th

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Old Mouseketeer

>>Now, in a bid to appeal to California Governor Gavin Newsom, some passionate Disneyland lovers have put together a rally that will be held on Harbor Boulevard in front of Disneyland this weekend on Saturday, October 17.

On Facebook, event hosts Natasha Ramirez and Desi d’Amani shared this description:

https:///2020/10/disneyland-reopeni...Kzqn8hArS2l8e3rkJgue0JN4TJ-noIK2gbgPKJpx4vZfo

How about something constructive (other than tearing down Walt's statue, desecrating his freezer, freeing the seven dwarves from involuntary servitude, or burning down Captain Kidd's)?

Darkbeer--can you tell us anything about the political p*ssing match going on between Disney and Sac'to? You're the one with his ear to the political pulse of the OC. Help us Darkbeer-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
How about something constructive (other than tearing down Walt's statue, desecrating his freezer, freeing the seven dwarves from involuntary servitude, or burning down Captain Kidd's)?

Darkbeer--can you tell us anything about the political p*ssing match going on between Disney and Sac'to? You're the one with his ear to the political pulse of the OC. Help us Darkbeer-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!

I have remained quiet on what I have learned about Disney in my meetings, due to a NDA. I will continue to do so.

I will post info from others in the public realm.

Sorry to do so, as there is a LOT I want to about our friends up north! (Rhymes with Witch)

I also need to keep quiet about Knott's and other parks and what is happening behind the scenes.

But making sure Captain Kids never reopens is very constructive. Many would say it is a Public Service project!!!

Alas, three weeks to go in the current election cycle, and three Council Seats in Anaheim are up for grabs. That is my main focus, also some state props, polling looks good, but still worrysome. And early voting in OC is VERY high.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

If 'Captain Kidd's' manages to somehow survive the Covid Apocolypse Lockdown of Anaheim 2020 Edition, someone I know is going to be VERY angry.
'JimBoy's Tacos" falls on the battlefield , but not the Captain...?

Riots in the streets, there will be.

-

Practical Pig

With all this talk about burning something down, I hope we're all thinking of using some appropriate Disney stagecraft magic.

Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-at-Disneyland.jpg

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I have remained quiet on what I have learned about Disney in my meetings, due to a NDA. I will continue to do so.

I will post info from others in the public realm.

Sorry to do so, as there is a LOT I want to ***** about our friends up north! (Rhymes with Witch)

I also need to keep quiet about Knott's and other parks and what is happening behind the scenes.

But making sure Captain Kids never reopens is very constructive. Many would say it is a Public Service project!!!

Alas, three weeks to go in the current election cycle, and three Council Seats in Anaheim are up for grabs. That is my main focus, also some state props, polling looks good, but still worrysome. And early voting in OC is VERY high.

While we disagree politically (though Newsom has FAR overreached here), I look forward to the day when I can buy you a beer and understand what's going on behind the scenes between CA and the theme parks.

Can't wait until DLR reopens and hope it's soon. I wonder how much longer until Disney decides to file a lawsuit.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
We were at Downtown Disney last weekend and I still can’t figure out the logic that DTD is considered safe but 100 yards to the north or south is considered unsafe. Similar sized crowds, similar safety measures, similar indoor/outdoor ratio... the only difference is the category of business.
And Knott's can open up its park for Food Sales plus offer Trick or Treating for the kids.

SeaWorld and LEGOLAND are operating their parks also...

TP2000

Today there were multiple school sports teams practicing at a local park. What looked like a girls lacrosse team, plus a boys football team, ages about late high school. None of the kids had masks on, cause how do you play sports with a mask? The coaches didn't have masks on. There were some parents perched on cars in the parking lot chatting, without masks. It was a lovely fall day in San Diego's northern suburbs.

My point? There's this world that Sacramento lives in where they think everyone is obeying their mask rules and sheltering at home. And then there's the real world, where the aisles at Target are full of shoppers while Target elves stock the shelves and bustle about, and In-N-Out is busy and full of two dozen teenagers flipping burgers for us standing one foot apart at the grill, and teenagers go to daily football practice that is the opposite of Social Distancing. And construction workers scurry about finishing the Anaheim Westin, also not Social Distancing cause how do you install a 800 pound sign in a big planter while Social Distancing?

But Disneyland is still closed and JimBoy's Tacos just went bankrupt?

At what point do people finally say enough, and tell Sacramento to stuff it? It's time to get on with our lives.

NOTE: My In-N-Out standard order - Double-Double, hold lettuce tomato, yes on onions but not grilled. Fries, with 2 packets of secret sauce. Medium root beer, or 7-Up. Maybe a chocolate shake if I'm being naughty.

Last edited:

TP2000

If there is another protest in Anaheim, does this mean the infections will go up?

Here is an aerial photo of this week's construction work on the Tomorrowland planters.

These two Disney employees are definitely not staying more than six feet apart. This is in direct violation of Covid safety guidelines, and it is happening on Disneyland property. Do you have the phone number I can call to report them and have Disneyland shut down for health and safety violations?

tomorrowland.png

George Lucas on a Bench

The stores gave up on the "Health Theater" (as posters here like to say) long, long ago. All the silly Attendance Caps that resulted in lines around the block. It looked like opening weekend of Star Wars in Hollywood 1977. But nope, it was lines to get into Walmart to buy toilet paper. But Disneyland remains closed aside from a few blue collar guys breaking fake rocks who have been deemed Essential like many of us that have braved the Corona wilderness all this time to earn a buck while I presume many of you have been living in a totally different world.

el_super

The stores gave up on the "Health Theater" (as posters here like to say) long, long ago. All the silly Attendance Caps that resulted in lines around the block. It looked like opening weekend of Star Wars in Hollywood 1977. But nope, it was lines to get into Walmart to buy toilet paper. But Disneyland remains closed aside from a few blue collar guys breaking fake rocks who have been deemed Essential like many of us that have braved the Corona wilderness all this time to earn a buck while I presume many of you have been living in a totally different world.

You think Disneyland employees break rocks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom