Politics Reopening Rally to Be Held Outside Disneyland on Saturday, October 17th

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Rich T

There's levels to this, obviously. If this rally does take off, then no doubt many of the folks there are folks who simply want to visit the park.

But there would also be folks there who see getting the park open as the answer to bigger problems they believe in fighting. Such as the ability for local Anaheim business owners/workers to continue to feed their families and pay the rent. It's a no-win situation for someone in either case (everything about this pandemic sucks) but there is a legitimate and understandable cause to be fighting for on that side of the fence. Not to say that there isn't on the other, just that there is more to getting the parks open than folks wanting to go in and have a good time.

If I were a Harbor Blvd business owner on the verge of losing everything and wasn't getting the support options I need to help provide a roof and food for my family, then yeah, I'd probably be there with them this weekend too. That's someone speaking up for what they feel is important. Two sides to every coin.
Yes. If it’s a group of out-of-work CMs and Anaheim business owners, the gathering is meaningful.

If it’s a bunch of independently wealthy crybabies moaning that they can’t live without seeing Mickey every day, then it’s pathetic.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

>>Now, in a bid to appeal to California Governor Gavin Newsom, some passionate Disneyland lovers have put together a rally that will be held on Harbor Boulevard in front of Disneyland this weekend on Saturday, October 17.

On Facebook, event hosts Natasha Ramirez and Desi d’Amani shared this description:

https:///2020/10/disneyland-reopeni...Kzqn8hArS2l8e3rkJgue0JN4TJ-noIK2gbgPKJpx4vZfo
I wonder if the homeless will join them?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Oh the Irony. They do realize the reason the park is closed is they don't want a large gathering of people in one place, so how is a gathering of people outside the park supposed to change their minds? and why protest outside Disneyland??? Disney is not refusing to open. Shouldn't they protest outside the Governor's office in Sacramento? These people are idiots and wasting their time.

choco choco

“WE WANT TO GROSSLY OVERPAY A HUGE CORPORATION FOR A LESSER EXPERIENCE!!!”
“WE WANT TO GROSSLY OVERPAY A HUGE CORPORATION FOR A LESSER EXPERIENCE!!!”

“WHAT DO WE WANT???”
“TO GROSSLY OVERPAY A HUGE CORPORATION FOR A LESSER EXPERIENCE!!!”
“WHEN DO WE WANT IT???”
“NOWWWWWW!!!!!”

"It's Newsom's fault! He's preventing Disney from getting any money!"

"...But, Knott's is open just down the stree..."

"IT'S NEWSON'S FAULT!!! DISNEY HAS NO WAY OF GETTING MONEY! ABSOLUTELY NO WAY AT ALL!"

DanielBB8

Disney should allow political rallies on their property. Let every CM with a badge to go on property with signs demanding the parks reopen. The rally should be on a typically busy day for Downtown Disney, which is a Saturday. Open the parking lots. Let everyone who wants to attend to be there. It's a legal political protest. No permission is required. Let the protesters march from the parking structure, to the Esplanade, to Disneyland and to DCA and back to the parking structure with Iger or Chapek on a loud speaker demanding the parks to reopen and return people back to work!!!

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
How can you burn something that is already a dumpster fire. ;)

OK, let's not burn down something, as it could affect nearby businesses.

Just steal all Food related things, Cooking Equipment, etc.

Plus ANY Food left in the currently closed location. Refrigerator, Freezer, etc.

Take it out. Maybe replace it with a Souvenir shop......

Last edited:

Figments Friend

How can you burn something that is already a dumpster fire. ;)

But if the protestors do it , the media coverage will be utterly sensational and get them all of the attention they seek.

Plus, they will be doing a civic duty to their fellow citizens by finally removing it from sight, thus insuring unknowing visitors are no longer tricked into eating there ever again.

And nobody has to look at that jarring sign anymore, either.
Extra benefit.

It's just a win / win / win...!

-

DrAlice

Speaking of Captain Kidd's... Anyone have any insider info on them? Will they make it through the shutdown? Or have they stopped paying their rent too? @TP2000 do your real estate friends know anything?

Old Mouseketeer

If it's not well attended, it could definitely backfire on them. Coming on the heels of other protests for civil rights and equality, the idea that people are protesting a theme park being closed is well.... really bad optics.

On the other hand, at least they are speaking up for what they feel is important so that's good. I guess.

I think the major clue is whether the unions rally their members to participate. They were very successful in the Master Services union negotiations a couple of years ago. The rally needs to reach critical mass to attract media attention and hits on social media.

el_super

It’s a great idea. If it proves to be not be a super spreader event, it’s another reason to open the parks. I was told the protests since summer didn’t increase infections. You can’t have it both ways.

Cool. Maybe they can follow it up with a BLM protest on Main Street.

el_super

I think the major clue is whether the unions rally their members to participate. They were very successful in the Master Services union negotiations a couple of years ago. The rally needs to reach critical mass to attract media attention and hits on social media.

Yeah this is true... If the unions want the parks to reopen. They had a "successful" car rally early in June protesting the opening of the park. Since then though... We haven't really heard anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom