News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

lazyboy97o

I mean sometimes staticky animatronics don’t make you feel like you’re there either. In the Ratatouille ride the screens are blended with everything pretty poorly, and there’s no motion base on the vehicle to correlate with the movement on screen, which I think is what really hurts the experience.
Integrated scenes and a motion base are so 1999.

IMDREW

Was it a different experience than Soarin'? I can see how it could be, since Soarin' is much less intense.

What about Forbidden Journey? I think that would give you a similar feeling of actually flying.
Those did give me goosebumps, but I think those are more sitting back than the forward position on FOP? Idk 😕 (its true these rides are among my favorites though).

Poseidon Quest

On the contrary. Although Orlando does a poor attempt at telling it.

I don't agree with the Disneyland version either. It appears to me that you start in New Orleans and travel down a tunnel into caves full of relics of the past. Upon exiting the caves, the memories of the pirates come alive and you re-experience their sacking of a town. If there's an overall story, I certainly don't see it because the attraction only seems to be based on a premise and not an actual narrative. If I'm ignorant in this matter, then I'm certainly interested in learning what the attraction has to offer, but I don't see any plot playing out.

ToTBellHop

Ride actually looks good. Easily the best ride in World Showcase…which I realize is like saying “he’s the best chalupa-maker at Taco Bell!” Not much competition.

Still, I find the ride to be charming. I love the people screaming at the barking dogs. LOL

And the score as you approach load into the first scene. Très magnifique!

And they kept much of the French dialogue!

I legitimately approve of this effort.

Last edited:

dreday3

Watched a video and I think it looks like a lot of fun! Love the queue and the music playing, very whimsical.

Looking forward to this one. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't agree with the Disneyland version either. It appears to me that you start in New Orleans and travel down a tunnel into caves full of relics of the past. Upon exiting the caves, the memories of the pirates come alive and you re-experience their sacking of a town. If there's an overall story, I certainly don't see it because the attraction only seems to be based on a premise and not an actual narrative. If I'm ignorant in this matter, then I'm certainly interested in learning what the attraction has to offer, but I don't see any plot playing out.
The Paris version possibly tells it the best (and had the scene order rearranged to better do so) and the location in the park and exterior also helps.

But we digress.

Movielover

It's kind of interesting that all three of Walt Disney World's trackless dark rides are within walking distance of each other---and two are rodent themed.
Isn't Tower technically trackless too? I know it follows a guide wire in the floor but the vehicles are rolling around by themselves.

co10064

Premium Member
I thought it was strange at first that the audio was the same as WDSP, but then I read a comment elsewhere that mentioned a good point.

All the animation is done to the bilingual audio. If it were just English, they'd have the change the animation.
I feel like by choosing to not change the animation they are taking the cheap way out. I know we're in the World Showcase but it still seems odd that they didn't change this ride to fully English. Anyone else agree here?

DonaldDoleWhip

I feel like by choosing to not change the animation they are taking the cheap way out. I know we're in the World Showcase but it still seems odd that they didn't change this ride to fully English. Anyone else agree here?
I do. It’s the cheap way out that can be rationalized by saying, “it’s more educational this way!”

I imagine it’s not really going to teach anyone French, but rather could reinforce listening skills for someone who’s already learned it (one of the reasons I’m interested in riding again).

It also throws a little nugget to those from French-speaking countries, which is nice.

That said, I think it would be pretty cool (and very Epcot) if the ride actually inspires someone to study the language.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom