News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Bocabear

If they're repeating that for MK's 50th, then...
  • Paris: Ratatouille
  • Shanghai: TRON
  • Hong Kong: Paint the Night
  • Tokyo: well, they're not technically owned by Disney and don't have to give anything. If they were, what they'd have to offer is Mystic Manor, new Pirates otC, Monster Inc Hide & Seek, new BatB dark ride. There's always time to *announce* one of these as a 50th gift, even if it arrives late.
  • Anaheim: Their ugly Sleeping Beauty Castle color scheme. I'd rather have Superstar Limo.
no you wouldn't...lol

RSoxNo1

His expression does not look amazed, but having seen the effects elsewhere, I would say Rhode would be correct.
The problem is when you get closer to the painted flats. If you're in a situation where that's not possible (say the top of the Tower of Terror) than it's fine. But if it's the Trompe L'oeil style painting on a building, that doesn't look good to a lot of people.

lazyboy97o

The problem is when you get closer to the painted flats. If you're in a situation where that's not possible (say the top of the Tower of Terror) than it's fine. But if it's the Trompe L'oeil style painting on a building, that doesn't look good to a lot of people.
It's not just you the viewer being closer but the dimensional facades being closer to the flats. There is an immediate contrast. The flats in this case also introduce a very different pattern of design which hinders they're ability to fade away in the background. The flats sit higher than everything else and are a long, neat row a stark contrast to the dimensional facades below.

Fsunolekrw

You can definitely see a pattern with a lot of the recent builds. Shanghai has two big rides that have garnered acclaim, Tron and Pirates. There is already a Pirates stateside so they build Tron. Walt Disney Studios Park has a ride that has garnered some acclaim, Ratatouille. So build it stateside. Hong Kong Disneyland has Mystic Manor which has garnered acclaim but it is that park’s haunted mansion which the states already have so sadly we will probably never get it.

I said this a few months ago in the Tron thread. Seems to be a pattern here. I’m happy for every new ride we get though.

Crazydisneyfanluke

If they're repeating that for MK's 50th, then...
  • Paris: Ratatouille
  • Shanghai: TRON
  • Hong Kong: Paint the Night
  • Tokyo: well, they're not technically owned by Disney and don't have to give anything. If they were, what they'd have to offer is Mystic Manor, new Pirates otC, Monster Inc Hide & Seek, new BatB dark ride. There's always time to *announce* one of these as a 50th gift, even if it arrives late.
  • Anaheim: Their ugly Sleeping Beauty Castle color scheme. I'd rather have Superstar Limo.
Tokyo: Their nighttime castle show (TDL 35TH)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Photos from yesterday

Your pics of Ratatouille always seem to capture a Ratatouille gondola.

How many hours does it take your photographers to catch that?

1598548525635.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In the 19th (final) photo in the set posted by WDWMagic there appears to be a small courtyard that is under the skyliner, and has a walkway down to the water. Anyone know what that is?

All of that area of France has a faux scene of being able to get to the water, including walkways along the water.

Just for show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom