News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

yensidtlaw1969

Is Epcot’s show building taller than Paris’s? For some reason, it seems like Paris’s Façades never pass the height of the middle tier of Epcot’s show building (where dimensional sets turn into flats).
It appears Paris' queue merely juts out further than EPCOT's, so EPCOT needs a higher facade to conceal the show building since you'll be closer to it:
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 2.02.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 2.03.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 2.05.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 2.05.55 AM.png

(Thanks, Google Earth!)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

duder

Personally, I thought the whole area around the gondola's and Rat looked great. Of course, from the gondola approach the painted flats arent as effective, but the approach on foot from IG into Paris was very well done, IMO.

Plenty of areas where Disney cuts corners and butchers theme, but I dont think this spot is one.

Now if you want to look north....then we can find some real grievances.

rowrbazzle

While correct, I wasn't referring to the common rube visiting Epcot. They aren’t going to know anything. Disney seems to have gone out of their way with this ride to not mention much about it coming over from WDSP. It’s referenced but usually once and then only well into any article written about it (like in a recent ‘Disney Files’ article). 🧐 It’s almost as if they don’t want people to know about the original area...

Ah, okay. I haven't followed the ride that closely. Is that an atypical approach? Do they play up the connection between Tron at MK and the one at whatever park the original is?

lazyboy97o

Personally, I thought the whole area around the gondola's and Rat looked great. Of course, from the gondola approach the painted flats arent as effective, but the approach on foot from IG into Paris was very well done, IMO.

Plenty of areas where Disney cuts corners and butchers theme, but I dont think this spot is one.

Now if you want to look north....then we can find some real grievances.
Nothing says expensive craftsmanship and authenticity like green tube steel that is supposed to be delicate, ornate wrought iron work.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Ah, okay. I haven't followed the ride that closely. Is that an atypical approach? Do they play up the connection between Tron at MK and the one at whatever park the original is?

To be honest, I haven't really read that much about MK's Tron to know if they have played up the Shanghai piece or not. I do remember LMA being promoted as coming from Paris, and Soarin' coming from California back before the DL 50th celebration, but that feels like it was a completely different time compared with how the parks are approached today.

lazyboy97o

To be honest, I haven't really read that much about MK's Tron to know if they have played up the Shanghai piece or not. I do remember LMA being promoted as coming from Paris, and Soarin' coming from California back before the DL 50th celebration, but that feels like it was a completely different time compared with how the parks are approached today.
That was a specific marketing campaign where the other Disney resorts were giving Walt Disney World new attractions for Disneyland’s 50th.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is Epcot’s show building taller than Paris’s? For some reason, it seems like Paris’s Façades never pass the height of the middle tier of Epcot’s show building (where dimensional sets turn into flats).
It appears Paris' queue merely juts out further than EPCOT's, so EPCOT needs a higher facade to conceal the show building since you'll be closer to it:
View attachment 492910
View attachment 492909

View attachment 492908
View attachment 492907
(Thanks, Google Earth!)

Hopefully this helps; everything to the left of the red line is Paris exclusive. The original show building as you can see is further back from guests and has more buildings to build bulk and help step up to the ride buildings height.

52C216B8-B47B-45FD-ACAF-E9B30C9DC97D.jpeg

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That was a specific marketing campaign where the other Disney resorts were giving Walt Disney World new attractions for Disneyland’s 50th.

If they're repeating that for MK's 50th, then...
  • Paris: Ratatouille
  • Shanghai: TRON
  • Hong Kong: Paint the Night
  • Tokyo: well, they're not technically owned by Disney and don't have to give anything. If they were, what they'd have to offer is Mystic Manor, new Pirates otC, Monster Inc Hide & Seek, new BatB dark ride. There's always time to *announce* one of these as a 50th gift, even if it arrives late.
  • Anaheim: Their ugly Sleeping Beauty Castle color scheme. I'd rather have Superstar Limo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom