News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Truk777

Nearmap updated on May 16. Here is an overview of the France Pavilion.
Rat Ride.jpg

Sky

Guessing the grid of foundations are for the columns in the glass observatory-type building? Interesting to see that the actual walking space isn’t that expansive - will make the area feel more urban, which is a good thing.

lazyboy97o

Why not make the modIfications to make the attraction perfect?

You get upgraded Pirates, Peter Pan, Thunder Mountain, Winnie The Pooh at various parks around the world - why not here.
Because leadership spent billions of dollars to avoid building attractions and it didn’t work, so they panicked and looked for things that already existed to drop into Walt Disney World. The result: TRON Light Cycle Power Run and Ratattouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy being plopped down into awkward corners.

ToTBellHop

Because leadership spent billions of dollars to avoid building attractions and it didn’t work, so they panicked and looked for things that already existed to drop into Walt Disney World. The result: TRON Light Cycle Power Run and Ratattouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy being plopped down into awkward corners.
I don't find the placement of either to be terribly awkward. Remy is perfectly reasonable for World Showcase as is TRON (however redundant it might be). It's the new coaster in Future World that's awkwardly placed and oddly the most expensive project of all.

lazyboy97o

They spent a billion dollars to avoid building attractions? Please enlighten newbies ...
My Disney Experience was approved based on two promises: that it would more efficiently utilize existing capacity so that more [attractions] would not have to be built for several years and that it would generate double digit growth in guest spending. As Operations predicted, it did not perform as promised and after decades of not building capacity there were no more ideas on how to defer, so they actually started building.

lazyboy97o

I don't find the placement of either to be terribly awkward. Remy is perfectly reasonable for World Showcase as is TRON (however redundant it might be). It's the new coaster in Future World that's awkwardly placed and oddly the most expensive project of all.
I’m talking about their immediate placement and interaction with their respective lands. They’re not part of a cohesive space, they’re something around back connected by a path. Sausalito’s entrance isn’t located behind the old Energy Pavilion (this might be the first marginally positive thing I’ve said about that project).

seascape

My Disney Experience was approved based on two promises: that it would more efficiently utilize existing capacity so that more [attractions] would not have to be built for several years and that it would generate double digit growth in guest spending. As Operations predicted, it did not perform as promised and after decades of not building capacity there were no more ideas on how to defer, so they actually started building.
The predicted increase in efficiency may not have happened but MDE does better allow WDW to know who is going to which parks each day. It also due to FP+ allows me to better plan my vacation. I no longer spend most of the day in parks waiting on line. I spend about half the day on shows and rides and the other half shopping and eating. We also dpend more time at Disney Springs. Believe me, MDE was money well spent because it included so much more that just FP+. We love it and the magic band sales are extremely profitable. And thanks to the new upgrade options permits hotel guests are buying bands rather than just getting the free ones.

lazyboy97o

The predicted increase in efficiency may not have happened but MDE does better allow WDW to know who is going to which parks each day. It also due to FP+ allows me to better plan my vacation. I no longer spend most of the day in parks waiting on line. I spend about half the day on shows and rides and the other half shopping and eating. We also dpend more time at Disney Springs. Believe me, MDE was money well spent because it included so much more that just FP+. We love it and the magic band sales are extremely profitable. And thanks to the new upgrade options permits hotel guests are buying bands rather than just getting the free ones.
You can spin it to you’re preferences all you want. It didn’t deliver on its promises.

ToTBellHop

Hang on ...the Magic Band system cost over a billion ?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

***. Essentially something that is just more convenient than an APP cost a Billion dollars ?! WOW
Well over a billion.........................but we are including extensive infrastructure upgrades in there. I'm sure you'll agree the wifi coverage is OUTSTANDING and NEVER-SPOTTY--especially in the $700/night hotel rooms and while waiting for the moving-target arrival of your bus. Kids have to pee but there's NO TIME for that because the bus will be here in 2 minutes at 10:24! Oh wait 10:25. Sorry 10:27. 10:35. Actually 10:33. 10:38.

Morgan Freeman: But the bus would not show up at 10:38. The bus would not show up at all. A different bus would show up at 10:43. And Timmy would pee his pants.

trainplane3

Well over a billion.........................but we are including extensive infrastructure upgrades in there. I'm sure you'll agree the wifi coverage is OUTSTANDING and NEVER-SPOTTY--especially in the $700/night hotel rooms and while waiting for the moving-target arrival of your bus. Kids have to pee but there's NO TIME for that because the bus will be here in 2 minutes at 10:24! Oh wait 10:25. Sorry 10:27. 10:35. Actually 10:33. 10:38.

Morgan Freeman: But the bus would not show up at 10:38. The bus would not show up at all. A different bus would show up at 10:43. And Timmy would pee his pants.
...still waiting for the day when they roll out a good bus tracking system that lets you see the buses for your resort like most cities have instead of the constantly moving target system...

justintheharris

While I agree about the investments, Ratatouille fits perfectly into the France pavilion and is hardly an "awkward corner" and considering the space that Tron is going in was previously unused, I wouldn't consider that misplaced either. Do I agree that Disney spent way too much time and money trying to avoid building new rides? Absolutely. Do I agree that they were being lazy by selecting already existing rides? Sure. Did they make poor selections or are placing their selections inappropriately? Absolutely not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom