News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

build_it

I was thinking that was a bathroom? Didn’t someone mention a plan to build bathrooms in the France pavilion? It currently has two family bathrooms and that’s it. With this expansion, it would be foolish to not have one in the works.
I believe they are adding bathrooms in one of the two little buildings that will be behind the current pavilion on the plans. @marni1971 does that line up with what you’ve heard?

sedati

1. Enter/Exit
  2. Crepes?
  3. Vendor Carts?
  4. Restrooms
  5. Stroller Parking/Pen?
  6. Remy Fountain
  7. Queue
  8. (Edit) Dead End Alleyway? Cast Member Use Only? Or possible entrance/exit through Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie. (Thanks to Tayoboy below for reminding me about this.)

Last edited:

sedati

There's going to be two entrances to this plaza right, another entrance near the Show building? Or just the one? If anyone can answer.
Thanks for catching that omission.
There is an odd alleyway shown in both art and layout that leads to the same area IDF empties into. It's been debated many times, but I can't find any definitive answer one way or the other. The consensus seems to be that it might make crowd-flow awkward.

lazyboy97o

Aren't these the foundations on the left in this Bioreconstruct pic?
View attachment 357518
No, that is the restrooms.

My thought was that this little area was meant to be more of a taste of the suburbs than Paris itself.
Creperie...more like Craperie...AMIRIGHT?

Seriously though, the scale looks really dumb in the art, but I get they are going for a modernish street scene.
Being suburban or contemporary (it’s definitely not Modern) is a poor excuse for architectural nonsense.

flyerjab

The size, scope and variability of things to eat and do inside this one pavilion is going to be incredible. I hope that other pavilions become more fleshed out/expanded over time. This expansion reminds me of how Harambe was expanded/plussed. It used to be a pretty basic straight walk-through to the safari/animal trail. Now, you stand in the middle of Harambe looking towards the safari and you have the "theater district" to the left and the marketplace to the right. It adds a layer of depth that provides so much more to a land or area to walk around and explore.

The Empress Lilly

To me, this crepefest is not so much an elaboration of the France pavilion, as an evolution of the WS foodcart.

Cart -> permanent cart -> booth -> themed booth -> themed booth with indoor space.

Which is where we are now.

Who knows, at this rate maybe at some point they will come up with the idea that you can turn these F&B and merch booths into fully themed areas that immerse the guests in entire areas set in the foreign countries of origin....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No but they'll allow smoking everywhere for that authentic experience.

*Based off of what I've heard about DLP

I'll say that, from my firsthand experience, this is true.

This seems to be a nice added touch. Not sure how needed it is, though. Now, if they wanted to have an authentic croque monsieur available, I'd be extremely interested. :)

seascape

They're really going to cut back on festival weeks? :eek: I'm honestly shocked to hear that, maybe I missed a post somewhere. Wow...
I am not going to hold my breath thinking they will cut back on the number of festivals. They won't because they make too much money on the festivals. I love them and make a trip to WDW for each of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom