News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Pam Hates Penguins

I realized something. The forced perspective Eiffel Tower will no longer have its illusion in the back of the France Pavilion. Going to be weird seeing the tower on top of a building from that angle.

SukaVayne33

If the BATB AA's we're already impressive. I'm already very excited to see how the new Peter Pan and Tangled rides would look at Tokyo in the future.
Yeah from seeing that BatB AAs, I am hoping or "hoping" that the rat gets some really good AA, and at least some really good theming thru out the ride and especially in the que area. Imagine if they had a pre-show at RAT with the same AAs they are doing in TDL, wishful thinking, but would be nice. I can't wait to ride RAT, since and probably ever go over to Paris, although would be nice to do all the Disney parks.

wdwfan4ver

Exactly.

TDR's expansion plans are everything MK's New Fantasyland should've been

-BatB ride (instead of M&G)
-Frozen ride (instead of at Epcot)
-Tangled ride (instead of bathrooms)
-New Peter Pan ride (instead of decaying old one)
I agree with most except for Frozen. The problem is 2009 D23 was when New Fantasy Fantasy Land was announced Frozen was not ready. When Staggs announced changes to New Fantasy Fantasy Land aka Mine train, and Storybook Circus land, Frozen still was not ready for the big screen.

The real problem with the 2009 D23 was Burbank was focusing on the wrong WDW theme park. DHS and Epcot were problem spots at the time.

While DHS did get Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, that park had major issues. I'm under the impression the Burbank and TDO thought LMA, Toy Story Midway, and American Idol Experience was enough from the 2005 to 2009 time frame. The problem is 2 of the 3 attractions were the wrong attractions. LMA made the backlot tour worse although it needed to be out to pasture. While LMA was a people eater as a show, Eisner closed down the working animation production for movies and live tape productions in general by 2005 at DHS. The entire Backlot Tour area needed to be redone. By 2009 Indy Stunt Show was getting old. The same thing is true with Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage.

America Idol Experience didn't reach Burbank's expectations at all. I remembered cast members were basically begging for guests to do the attraction as you for enter the park. TDO also made the mistake of refusing Monster Inc. Door coaster.

When the 2009 D23 was happening Epcot had huge problems that Disney was ignoring at the time. The Ellen version of Universe of Energy was getting old and dated. Circle of Life was getting old and Dated. Honey, I shrunk the Audience was dated and the IP in question Disney stopped using after the sitcom of the Honey, I shrunk Franchise got canceled. I know Disney did replace Honey, I shrunk the Audience with the return of Captain NEO, but it was the wrong move before doing the Pixar and Film Festival in that spot. The 3rd version of Imagination was not the answer. Innoventions already was a problem spot with it not able to catch up with the technology and Disney needed to get a rid of Innoventions at the time. Wonder of Life being gone didn't help the park either.

World Showcase in 2009 did need another attraction although it shouldn't be the top priority at the time considering how Future World was.

What I'm getting at MK should've been a focus for 2013 D23.

lazyboy97o

Yeah from seeing that BatB AAs, I am hoping or "hoping" that the rat gets some really good AA, and at least some really good theming thru out the ride and especially in the que area. Imagine if they had a pre-show at RAT with the same AAs they are doing in TDL, wishful thinking, but would be nice. I can't wait to ride RAT, since and probably ever go over to Paris, although would be nice to do all the Disney parks.
This is a clone of the existing ride. No figures.

Soluna16

Has anyone thought about what they're going to do with the Eiffel Tower? It won't work from the entrance to the ride since it's mounted on the building above and to the left.

sedati

I realized something. The forced perspective Eiffel Tower will no longer have its illusion in the back of the France Pavilion. Going to be weird seeing the tower on top of a building from that angle.
But you saw it on top of a building from a different angle.

I am curious how it will look, but so long as you don't see where it connects, the illusion should still work- maybe not as well as from the front, but if you're moving, it will always reveal the cheat. From stills it should actually look more dramatic from the back.

It's been mentioned before, but in the concept art it is actually in a different location and with more of the lower half revealed.

We'll see.

Pam Hates Penguins

But you saw it on top of a building from a different angle.

I am curious how it will look, but so long as you don't see where it connects, the illusion should still work- maybe not as well as from the front, but if you're moving, it will always reveal the cheat. From stills it should actually look more dramatic from the back.

It's been mentioned before, but in the concept art it is actually in a different location and with more of the lower half revealed.

We'll see.

Exactly. You can't tell where it connects. But from the POV of the backside of the France Pavilion, it sure looks like the Eiffel Tower illusion will be ruined.

EricsBiscuit

Sooooo can someone please explain to me why TDO thought it was a good idea to clone Ratatouille instead of the new BatB ride? I just watched a video of the Paris version, and it looks so lame IMO. BatB on the other hand, will have some of the greatest AAs to be built in recent years. This decision doesn't make much sense to me. I'm assuming it's budget related?
Rat is more French I guess. Maybe they'll build BatB in the real Fantasyland

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Cover the Rat Courtyard?
Move the tower?
Remove the tower?
Put "magic bushes" around the base of the tower.
1544370128256.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom