News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Purduevian

Sooooo can someone please explain to me why TDO thought it was a good idea to clone Ratatouille instead of the new BatB ride? I just watched a video of the Paris version, and it looks so lame IMO. BatB on the other hand, will have some of the greatest AAs to be built in recent years. This decision doesn't make much sense to me. I'm assuming it's budget related?

I thought someone mentioned it was a big timing issue. TDO wanted something to draw guests to EPCOT as a consolation prize for people that can not get into DHS. Rat was supposed to open Q1 2020 and BatB would have taken longer that that. I doubt TDO could have gotten BatB done much before GotG, so this spreads out the openings of Epcot things quite a bit more and gets 1 open much closer to SWGE.

The new BatB ride looks awesome, but I don't want it in Epcot, there is plenty of space in fantasyland to finally get an E-ticket.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
A couple of those are redundant (if the character name is the same as the movie name, the rule would be not to repeat the name. lol).

But you're spot on with Mr. Toad.

Does Ratatouille refer only to the movie name or does it refer to the dish? Does the recipe for the confit byaldi version of ratatouille feature prominently in the attraction? I'd check the ride-through videos but I'm trying to avoid spoiling my first ride.

I'm a little late to this part of the thread, but I think the Disney property related to Mr. Toad was The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. Although Wind in the Willows is the source material, I think the redundancy would still be there using the Disney movie title "Mr. Toad's 'The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad' Wild Ride

yensidtlaw1969

Hot Take on the Tokyo BatB AA’s:
They are not groundbreaking, just a good use of existing technology. There is little tech found in there that has not already been done in FEA or Mermaid. That said, walking Belle w/ the Lantern looks amazing.
I’ll agree that the Tokyo animatronics don’t appear to break new ground (though the animatic if Belle dancing with the Beast-Prince looks impressive if they deliver), but they do appear to be exceptional in their execution. It’s rare these days that we get animatronics so thoroughly and stunningly realized.

I’d definitely argue that they best anything in Mermaid and Frozen, with perhaps the exception of Walking Olaf. But I think if I had my choice he would have been wholly practical like these BATB AA’s instead of having projected eyes.

Ursula is a strong AA, but she loses some points for her plastic Hair Helmet.

It’ll be interesting to see how much these new AA’s do when they’re in the context of the ride, and how much face time we get with them.

EDIT: Shoot, I keep doing this these days . . . I wish we had AA’s like this in Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure! Am I back on topic now? :p

EricsBiscuit

They are not groundbreaking, just a good use of existing technology. There is little tech found in there that has not already been done in FEA or Mermaid. That said, walking Belle w/ the Lantern looks amazing.
Really it's not the technology that matter but the execution of the story. It's why I prefer the Storybookland Canal Boats to FEA.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Seriously ? A drainage canal with lego structures?

Fake news. If those were Lego structures, they'd be selling them for $1000+ each in Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. ;) (If you haven't experienced the Storybookland boats in either DL or DLP, I recommend it, they are a neat little diversion and you can marvel at the detail of each "set")

lazyboy97o

Fake news. If those were Lego structures, they'd be selling them for $1000+ each in Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. ;) (If you haven't experienced the Storybookland boats in either DL or DLP, I recommend it, they are a neat little diversion and you can marvel at the detail of each "set")
Why marvel over little models when one can marvel at bare rooms?

RSoxNo1

Agreed, walking Belle is what looks great, the face sculpts don't seem to be a significant step up technology wise from Mermaid, the eyes appear to have been done better though.

britain

Just a heads up: There is a great interview with Rick Harper, director of Impressions de France on the Tomorrow Society Podcast. A lot of great behind the scenes stories about making that lovely film. (e.g. The old couple by the cliff were just pulled from a pub and asked to be in the film on the spur of the moment!) Seems like a neat guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom