News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

LittleBuford

Back when we were told France was getting Ratatouille or some unknown BatB ride, most people on the forum were definitely on the side of the Rat.

People claim to be concerned about fit yet are complaining that we’re getting an attraction that actually meshes with the Parisian architecture and ambience of the pavilion rather than one set in a fairy-tale province.

LittleBuford

Ratatouille isn't the best fit, but in terms of appropriateness for Epcot it is more appropriate than Frozen Ever After, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and arguably Gran Fiesta Tour, not to mention Guardians of the Galaxy.

What do you think would have been a better fit? I'm not being rhetorical--I'm genuinely curious.

RSoxNo1

What do you think would have been a better fit? I'm not being rhetorical--I'm genuinely curious.
For France? I think the story of Ratatouille could be modified a little bit more than the Paris version. It's still largely being built because of the movie's setting, but the leap isn't as big as Frozen. I look at IP based additions to Epcot as follows, "if the movie didn't exist and the character was created exclusively for the attraction, would it work?"

I think Ratatouille satisfies that by playing up French cuisine and the Paris setting, but it could be improved. I think it could be played up a bit more but it's not a huge problem. It's a better fit than Beauty and the Beast would have been, imo.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

For France? I think the story of Ratatouille could be modified a little bit more than the Paris version. It's still largely being built because of the movie's setting, but the leap isn't as big as Frozen. I look at IP based additions to Epcot as follows, "if the movie didn't exist and the character was created exclusively for the attraction, would it work?"

I think Ratatouille satisfies that by playing up French cuisine and the Paris setting, but it could be improved a bit more. I think it could be played up a bit more but it's not a huge problem. It's a better fit than Beauty and the Beast would have been, imo.

Thank you for your answer.

jt04

I think Ratatouille satisfies that by playing up French cuisine and the Paris setting, but it could be improved. I think it could be played up a bit more but it's not a huge problem. It's a better fit than Beauty and the Beast would have been, imo.

HoND would work but they may have determined the film is too old or intense for a theme park. Unfortunate.

JJJ

HoND would work but they may have determined the film is too old or intense for a theme park. Unfortunate.
Too intense? No....

To clarify: I love the Hunchback of Notre Dame, but I could see that if their goal was to make an attraction that appeals to the entire family, it might be a bit too dark/its themes might be a little too heavy.

However, Ratatouille should be great for this pavillion! The attraction is one that everyone in the familly will be able to really enjoy together (I can vouch for that - I had a great time and it has no height restriction) and I could see them adding a small exhibit space after the attraction about French cuisine, if they were so inclined.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I don't mind Ratatouille that much because for the most part, it is pretty realistic, despite being a CG animation. There isn't a lot of fantasy stuff going on besides Remy himself.

Missing20K

Ratatouille is well renowned for being an accurate depiction of kitchen life (and France in general). I'd say it's the best fit for a world showcase IP in France.
Have to wait and see on the execution of the outdoor areas (I pray you don't see the green box) but out of all the Disney IP, I'd agree that this fits just about as well into an existing property/theme as any they own. And the ride is genuinely enjoyable and appropriate for the whole family.

Something about a blind squirrel. ;)

Rich Brownn

Too intense? No....

To clarify: I love the Hunchback of Notre Dame, but I could see that if their goal was to make an attraction that appeals to the entire family, it might be a bit too dark/its themes might be a little too heavy.

However, Ratatouille should be great for this pavillion! The attraction is one that everyone in the familly will be able to really enjoy together (I can vouch for that - I had a great time and it has no height restriction) and I could see them adding a small exhibit space after the attraction about French cuisine, if they were so inclined.

At the end of the "Hellfire" number, my friend turned to me and said 'So we're just leaving the kiddies behind at this point?' :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom