News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

tommcp516

I've been thinking more about this post about a casting call for an upcoming commercial shoot.

Recap: looking for submissions from real families from AL, FL, GA, KY, MI, NC, SC and TN for Feb 17, 18, & 19. The title of the project is 'Walt Disney World-Remy/Epcot/WDW Gateway'

First off, are there any industry insiders who can speak about the typical turn-around times from when a commercial is actually filmed to when the finished ad is edited, approved, and broadcast? Assuming no technical delays, is this a Disney commercial that could likely be airing in March, or not until June or later due to normal production schedules?

Next, I was wondering about the main focus of the commercial. Would the selling point be that the Remy ride is now open (to get guests into the parks now), or that it will be coming soon with a definite opening date (as an incentive now to get guests to book trips for summer/fall?)

The title of the project makes me think that its the former. In addition to Remy, the project title indicates that they'll be shooting at or around the WDW Gateway. To me, that indicates that they'll probably be filming families driving up in their cars to the WDW Gateway--so the ad may be targeted to 'local' families in FLA and the surrounding states to get them to drive to Disney to experience the new Remy ride. The project name also has EPCOT in the title so the focus may also be draw in families for the upcoming Flower and Garden Festival.

I bring this all up because I've seen speculation that the Remy ride might be operationally ready now but the opening will be held back until the Fall to drive in guests to the 50th. But if that's the case, why shoot a commercial now in February that includes scenes of the WDW Gateway and families enjoying Remy? That seems like an attempt to draw in AP holders and locals (who may be more accepting of the current state of Covid-conditions in the park like masks, no fireworks, no shows) to pile the family into the car and come drive to WDW to visit a new ride that is open and available at the time the commercial airs (March/April?) than a pitch to families nationally to book a trip now--including their airline tickets- to travel to the parks because this cool new ride may*** be open in a few months on some projected date.

(***or may not, depending on vaccines, further shutdowns, etc)

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I've been thinking more about this post about a casting call for an upcoming commercial shoot.

Recap: looking for submissions from real families from AL, FL, GA, KY, MI, NC, SC and TN for Feb 17, 18, & 19. The title of the project is 'Walt Disney World-Remy/Epcot/WDW Gateway'

First off, any industry insiders who can speak to typical turn-around times from the actual shooting days until the commercial is edited, approved, and broadcast? Assuming no technical delays, is this a commercial that could likely be airing in March, or not until June or later due to normal production schedules?

Next, I was wondering about the main focus of the commercial. Would the selling point be that the Remy ride is now open (to get guests into the parks now), or that it will be coming soon with a definite opening date (as an incentive now to get guests to book trips for summer/fall?)

The title of the project makes me think that its the former. In addition to Remy, the project title indicates that they'll be shooting at or around the WDW Gateway. To me, that indicates that they'll probably shooting families driving up in their cars to the Gateway--so the ad may be targeted to 'local' families in FLA and the surrounding states to get them to drive to Disney to experience the new Remy ride. The project name also has EPCOT in the title so the focus may also be draw in families for the upcoming Flower and Garden Festival.

I bring this all up because I've seen speculation that the Remy ride might be operationally ready now but the opening will be held back until the fall to drive in guests to the 50th. But if that's the case, why shoot a commercial now in February that includes scenes of the WDW Gateway and families enjoying Remy? That seems like an attempt to draw in AP holders and locals (who may be more accepting of the Covid-conditions in the park like masks, no fireworks, no shows) to come drive to WDW to visit a new ride that is now open and available (by airtime-March/April?) than a pitch to families nationally to book now--including airline tickets- to travel to the parks because this cool new ride may*** be open in a few months.

(***or may not, depending on vaccines, further shutdowns, etc)
You can’t drive up to the International Gateway.

Our insiders have suggested the opening will be between March and June.

tommcp516

You can’t drive up to the International Gateway.

Our insiders have suggested the opening will be between March and June.

I read 'WDW Gateway' to mean:

1612825299984.png

Isn't the International Gateway at Epcot usually abbreviated as just 'IG'?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There are obviously concerns by management around attendance right now. The Buy-4-days-get-2-days-free ticket promotion, room discounts, AP’s and DVC getting a temporary 30% merchandise discount (which I expect to be extended by a month), Rat getting pushed forward and opening sooner than expected (excluding the lost year due to Covid)...

I’m looking forward to the opening, if for no other reason than to compare in-person this version and area with the WDSP version and area. Hopefully it’s open before we arrive in mid-March.

Crazydisneyfanluke

If that is the case, and they really plan on opening in March, are we expecting them to just soft open without any official grand opening date. Just leave it in soft openings for the foreseeable future?
If it was to open in March, we would already have a opening date and a marketing push. I have a feeling late April.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom