News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

jt04

No, and you’d know that if you knew a fraction of what you think you do about construction.

Maybe. Perhaps chance then, and a creator who thinks outside the box will have an 💡 moment. I keep thinking about the view of the Adventureland pagoda as seen from Frontierland. Sort of like that.

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe. Perhaps chance then, and a creator who thinks outside the box will have an 💡 moment. I keep thinking about the view of the Adventureland pagoda as seen from Frontierland. Sort of like that.
You mean like a Switzerland pavilion built behind (and on top of) France? Matterhorn, here we come! Or the Himalayas perhaps? 😎

jt04

It was actually a joke. 🤦🏽‍♀️

There is a small area in front of Rat that could fit something in, the France expansion used half an expansion pad. But that has nothing whatsoever to do with the flat facade. The flat facade is a lazy and cheap version of what could have been done.

Apparently some people think the roof system supports may be maxed out with just a basic facade. They may be right. They seem very sure anyway.

nickys

Premium Member
Apparently some people think the roof system supports may be maxed out with just a basic facade. They may be right. They seem very sure anyway.

Let’s start again.

You suggested that “ it would allow them to add other elements visible from WS in the future because they minimized weight and loading on the roof structure.“. By which I assumed you believed they could literally build on top of it. Hence my joke about Switzerland / Himalayas. Mountains? High altitude? Never mind.

jt04

Let’s start again.

You suggested that “ it would allow them to add other elements visible from WS in the future because they minimized weight and loading on the roof structure.“. By which I assumed you believed they could literally build on top of it. Hence my joke about Switzerland / Himalayas. Mountains? High altitude? Never mind.

I was suggesting they could build on top of it with things like the spires of SWL, props like the Eiffel tower, Beast's Castle or rock work with additional supports on the outside edges of the building.

I like the Switzerland idea. Fondue and Swiss chocolate 🍫 Yum.

nickys

Premium Member
I was suggesting they could build on top of it with things like the spires of SWL, props like the Eiffel tower, Beast's Castle or rock work with additional supports on the outside edges of the building.

I like the Switzerland idea. Fondue and Swiss chocolate 🍫 Yum.
It’s meant to be Paris, not the Alps. There’s the Eiffel Tower there already, albeit the false perspective is now gone. And the Beast’s Castle is in MK. If they intended to add those features they would have already done so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom