News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't think you can judge until you see it in person. The perspectiven s going to be different than from a photograph and with the foreground, it may just blend into the background.
A photograph shows there’s no shadows or depth though. Especially when lit like that post noon, you’d expect there to be shadows cast by the bulk and detail.

lazyboy97o

See those work. The ones that don't are Ratatouille and the new Guardians ride. Painting a building to make it blend in looks awful.
The blue building to which you replied isn’t Ratatouille and looks a lot better out front.

are they completely done painting the flat? It looks way too light/white and unfinished. If they just added some more color and darker shades it may look better and help add depth.
The lightness is supposed to make it look further away.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I understand the need to make the flat lighter for proper atmospheric perceptive; so as to better blend in with the sky. I believe that's the intent. However, in doing so it no longer blends in with the surrounding building and looks... well, flat! I think a more detailed flat is needed.
Besides if it's that washed out now, how will it look in 3 years time with FL sunfading?

contrastup+colortheory.gif

aladdin2007

I understand the need to make the flat lighter for proper atmospheric perceptive; so as to better blend in with the sky. I believe that's the intent. However, in doing so it no longer blends in with the surrounding building and looks... well, flat! I think a more detailed flat is needed.
Besides if it's that washed out now, how will it look in 3 years time with FL sunfading?

View attachment 486720

looks so much better in the darker flash, wow!! Thats really all they need to do, but like you said its just too washed out now and going to get worse in the sun over time.

DVCakaCarlF

If they haven’t “sealed” or “stained” it yet, it will appear lighter.

It needs to sit out for X amount of days/hours in advance of staining or sealing.

brihow

I think it's going to look fine when you are on the ground in France, especially considering how little of it you'll actually see. The problem is that it is clearly visible from the skyliner and when you are outside of France.

UNCgolf

I think it's going to look fine when you are on the ground in France, especially considering how little of it you'll actually see. The problem is that it is clearly visible from the skyliner and when you are outside of France.

Luckily you won't really ever be able to have that view from inside EPCOT, because it's basically facing outside of the park (I think). It'll be an issue for the Skyliner, but they've already shown they don't particularly care about sights from on board the Skyliner.

If I'm visualizing correctly, though (and I may not be), it'll be the view you have entering EPCOT from the International Gateway, which is unfortunate.

jt04

The silver lining (because that is what I do) is that this may allow them to add other elements visible from WS in the future because they minimized weight and loading on the roof structure.

Might not even be theming for France.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom