News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Brer Panther

7 Dwarves is okay, but I'm not going to knock over people to get to it in the morning though. It is just a short dark ride disguised as a rollercoaster. I would rather have gotten a redo of Snow White's Scary Adventure and a real coaster.
Eh, I like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I understand the complaints, but I admittedly just went on it for the dark ride elements anyway.

I would have rather gotten the original SDMT layout and a different IP ride where Fairytale Hall is. I’ve always felt Aladdin would make a great dark ride.
Yes. This. I'm sorry, but sticking a meet-and-greet where a dark ride once stood = wasted space. They have to put the princess meet-and-greet somewhere else (maybe there's room near the Tangled toilets?) and put a new dark ride where Snow White was. There are so many choices - Alice in Wonderland (then again, I'm not sure how close it is to the Mad Tea Party), a new version of Mr. Toad, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, Pinocchio, Aladdin as you suggested... Disney World's Fantasyland needs more dark rides.

GlacierGlacier

I’d rather they build an Aladdin E ticket in Adventureland with the KUKA arm technology. Use the small space for some smaller IP.
The KUKA arm system used in Forbidden Journey, manufactured by Dynamic Attractions, has a form of exclusivity with Universal.

Now, there was a bit of an issue between the two companies when DA sold the system for the Batman Dark Ride in Dubai. But I don't know enough to comment about it.

As far as other ride systems made using robotic arms - there's at least one I know of which is mildly interesting, but probably not useful for an Aladdin IP.

Regardless - it's a big investment for any 1990s IP.

EricsBiscuit

The KUKA arm system used in Forbidden Journey, manufactured by Dynamic Attractions, has a form of exclusivity with Universal.

Now, there was a bit of an issue between the two companies when DA sold the system for the Batman Dark Ride in Dubai. But I don't know enough to comment about it.

As far as other ride systems made using robotic arms - there's at least one I know of which is mildly interesting, but probably not useful for an Aladdin IP.

Regardless - it's a big investment for any 1990s IP.
In any case an Aladdin e ticket would kick posterior. I don’t want a puny little attraction for such an awesome IP.

PymParty

I rode Mystic Manor in HKDL last week and a detail really pleased me : the immersion in the ride is so well done because all the flat floors are themed as wood flooring. This way, guests don't even realise that the floor is specific for the trackless system AND we almost see no traces done by the cars.
Knowing the big issue with the floors in RAT in Paris, I was wondering if Disney could not simply theme the floors on the new ride in EPCOT. I think this would help a lot with the immersion, as this is what is really missing in the Paris version.

Bender123

I'm definitely not against new rides in the World Showcase, it just has to fit its country's pavilion. Ratatouille meets the criteria and one of the most important rules, it actually takes place in a real city in France.

That's pretty much my criteria for IP...Some people on this board get their panties in a bundle over any IP coming to the parks, but that's not really a good metric to use.

My metric is how theme breaking is the IP...Rat is a perfect fit for France. Takes place in France, is a love letter to French Culinary arts and beloved in France.

Frozen is, arguably, a better ride than Maelstrom, but its a ride for Fantasyland. Despite its obvious Nordic theme and setting, its a fictional kingdom that only is aesthetically similar to Norway and has none of the actual national pride. Its a technical fit, which is unsatisfying in the same way that you could toss 7DMT in Germany...sure...it "fits" as German, but we all know it isn't...

Then there is GotG...Still waiting on how they tie this one back to either technology, science or discovery. Noe of it really fits the themes...the characters don't, the ride system doesn't, the content/show is really all that's left to see and its going to have to be amazingly on point to redeem the other two.

Then there is Pandora...If you look at the environmental message, AK is a perfect fit. If you look at it as a movie franchise, then It really should be at the studios.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

6FEAAF50-314D-46DB-BB38-A1376277721D.jpeg

ToTBellHop

I understand. There just doesn't appear to be anywhere behind that facade to anchor any additional set pieces, so I thought I'd ask.
There will be more depth. Still trying to determine if they'll move the Eiffel Tower. Anyone heard? They will need to soon, if they're going to...

The building the Eiffel Tower sits atop is funky with those three windows at the bottom and something that one of our resident architects surely can ID that prevents a fourth window. I presume low trees will block the low view but if you can presumably see the three windows that are there, won't you see the gap?

Curious to see how this all looks when we are actually in the park. I have a general idea of plans but one never fully knows sightlines until you're in the park.

Missing20K

There will be more depth. Still trying to determine if they'll move the Eiffel Tower. Anyone heard? They will need to soon, if they're going to...

The building the Eiffel Tower sits atop is funky with those three windows at the bottom and something that one of our resident architects surely can ID that prevents a fourth window. I presume low trees will block the low view but if you can presumably see the three windows that are there, won't you see the gap?

Curious to see how this all looks when we are actually in the park. I have a general idea of plans but one never fully knows sightlines until you're in the park.
I had asked a while back about whether they would "spruce up" those two facades and IIRC @marni1971 said it was planned but it may or may not happen. I'd have to dig for a quote.

I'd hope they do something with the Tower, as the perspectives have a large chance of being quite skewed. I'm also very curious if they are able to take some of the classic set design principles and utilize them properly. Carsland, A+. Beast's Castle, D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom