News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Oriolesmagic

It's actually a little shocking how bad Disney's attraction naming has been in recent years.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure (Doesn't even really make sense.)
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Try saying that three times fast...)
Frozen Ever After (Sounds like a direct-to-DVD sequel)
etc.

I'm still excited for the ride, but little things like this that are so easy to improve on can be a bit of a downer.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
All of them are self explanatory.

It actually makes me question the attraction's name. So Remy is going on an adventure in a bowl of Ratatouille (and yes, I'm very aware that's the name of the movie, but it was Ratatouille, not Remy, and that's just one of the problems)? Kitchen Calamity tells me exactly what the ride is actually about.

For me the problem is clear.

To me, you’re really overthinking it. But that’s just my opinion.

Kman101

It's actually a little shocking how bad Disney's attraction naming has been in recent years.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure (Doesn't even really make sense.)
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Try saying that three times fast...)
Frozen Ever After (Sounds like a direct-to-DVD sequel)
etc.

I'm still excited for the ride, but little things like this that are so easy to improve on can be a bit of a downer.

Eh, I kind of like M&MRR but no it doesn't exactly fly off the tongue. LOL

Kman101

To me, you’re really overthinking it. But that’s just my opinion.

I'm not overthinking. Trying to make a point that the name could actually be more confusing than Kitchen Calamity ever would have been. But most will call it "the rat ride" anyway so it doesn't matter really, LOL

Sir_Cliff

In Paris everyone just calls it ‘Ratatouille’ anyway and I’m sure the US will be no different so I don’t think the name is that important. Kitchen Calamity was the better name though.
Agreed, whatever the official name it was always going to be "the Ratatouille ride" for most people!

I'm not angry about this, but it is a dull name. Kitchen Calamity is at least a little whimsical and evocative. This version is more akin to just straight out calling it "The Ratatouille Ride".

doctornick

I would have preferred "Remy's Kitchen Calamity" or "Ratatouille: Remy's Kitchen Calamity" if they felt they had to have the movie name. But, honestly, the name chosen is fine.

Furthermore, I think we spend way too much time worrying about the names of attractions. I realize that this is a message board and those kinds of nitpicky conversations are what we do, but the "quality" of the name is of minuscule important for an attraction. A lousy name but actual fantastic quality ride is perfectly fine. Ultimately most guests, even ones on message board like this, use shorthand names for rides anyway.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It follows the most traditional IP ride naming system.
What is there to be upset about?

Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Peter Pan's Flight
Mr Toad's Wild Ride
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
Actually, if the RRA naming model was followed (Character/Movie Name/Descriptor), the rides would have been called:
Pinocchio's Pinocchio Daring Journey
Mr Toad's Wind in the Willows Wild Ride
Snow White's Snow White Scary Adventure

Lensman

Actually, if the RRA naming model was followed (Character/Movie Name/Descriptor), the rides would have been called:
Pinocchio's Pinocchio Daring Journey
Mr Toad's Wind in the Willows Wild Ride
Snow White's Snow White Scary Adventure
A couple of those are redundant (if the character name is the same as the movie name, the rule would be not to repeat the name. lol).

But you're spot on with Mr. Toad.

Does Ratatouille refer only to the movie name or does it refer to the dish? Does the recipe for the confit byaldi version of ratatouille feature prominently in the attraction? I'd check the ride-through videos but I'm trying to avoid spoiling my first ride.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
A couple of those are redundant (if the character name is the same as the movie name, the rule would be not to repeat the name. lol).

But you're spot on with Mr. Toad.

Does Ratatouille refer only to the movie name or does it refer to the dish? Does the recipe for the confit byaldi version of ratatouille feature prominently in the attraction? I'd check the ride-through videos but I'm trying to avoid spoiling my first ride.
Hey, I didn't set the paradigm -- Disney did. Character/Movie/Descriptor.

To follow the other rides, RRA would just be Remy's Adventure. But what kind of adventure is it -- scary? wild? daring?
Nooo. It's ratatouille.

I didn't know ratatouille was an adjective... I thought it was a noun.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hey, I didn't set the paradigm -- Disney did. Character/Movie/Descriptor.

To follow the other rides, RRA would just be Remy's Adventure. But what kind of adventure is it -- scary? wild? daring?
Nooo. It's ratatouille.

I didn't know ratatouille was an adjective... I thought it was a noun.

In English, bare nouns double as adjectives all the time: breakfast plate, meatloaf sandwich, chicken casserole, snow drift, house meeting, kitchen calamity...

Mike S

I’ll take RRA over the survey names that went out, all starting with “Ratatouille: ________”. I hate that both SW attractions are STAR WARS: _____”. I get it, but you’d think there was a better option.
I think that’s only Rise of the Resistance. From what I’ve seen the other ride is just Millenium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom