Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

Mousemom67

I like the concept, but the wreaths look underwhelming on those giant hangers.
Size and proper proportions matter, no matter what others might say.

I agree that the wreaths are overwhelmed. Smaller hangers would make the wreaths stand out more, or perhaps even simple black ones that look like iron scrollwork.

Mostly I just don't feel like they go with the theming of Main Street. They look more like decorations you would see in a big city. Wreaths hanging on lamp posts or garlands stretched above a town's main street have that old-fashioned small town look that's warm and personable.

Of course, it would be nice if they would run the Once Upon A Christmas parade during the day. Not only could the Main Street decorations remain the same, but then everyone could see it without paying hundreds for their family to attend MVMCP or paying the holiday rates to go right before Christmas.

I've always felt sorry for the children I see at the MK during the holiday season who will never get to enjoy the marching soldiers, dancing reindeer, or snow on Main Street. We were lucky to go once years ago. I'd love to see that parade again but we just can't afford another MVMCP.

alissafalco

I really liked the old wreaths strung across the street much better. It gave Main St. a much warmer, cozier feeling. However, given with what they possibly could have done for the floats to be able to pass I think its nice. The white arms could have been a little smaller though. They are a little distraction. Overall its nice.

photomatt

image.jpg

photomatt

The pictures I posted were taken with a smartphone, so the quality isn't great, but you can still get a sense of what they look like in person. Right now, I think the wreath lights are somewhat muted by the normal lights. I know they still have more to do, so I am not making any judgements. I just want people to see what they have done so far, and technology makes it really easy to do this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The pictures I posted were taken with a smartphone, so the quality isn't great, but you can still get a sense of what they look like in person. Right now, I think the wreath lights are somewhat muted by the normal lights. I know they still have more to do, so I am not making any judgements. I just want people to see what they have done so far, and technology makes it really easy to do this.
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

MagicHappens1971

What would be great is as someone said, a pole that reaches up when the parade is going on and goes back down when the parade is over. But no that would cost too much money. TDO can't agreed that. Not with the financial issues WDW is going through.

jrh1985

There is still garland to install over the streets. It won't host wreaths (hence why they're dangling over the sidewalks now.) and it will be retractable.
I'm sorry but are you sure??? That seems too good/technical to be true. In any Disney Park. Will it be lit? What will happen to the light wires when it retracts? The old Garland had a wire above and below, I'm guessing to hold it up, how will it hold up now? Will it retract for both FOF and MSEP?

Will it go up tonight?

mikenatcity1

I think the quality is fine :) Thanks for posting this! It's nice to see them lit! Little by little the happiest place on earth is getting decorated! A tease like this is fantastic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom