Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

PhotoDave219

If they stayed the way they are, I wouldn't have a problem at all. As I said, I like that they seem much more theme appropriate and they put the castle in the forefront, unlike the garlands, which blocked the view (pictures from the train station with the castle lit up should be beautiful).

I'm simply saying I think i'd like them more if they added garlands to add a bit of color, but then again, you've seen them in person and i'm going off something i'm imagining in my head so what do I know.

Check that photo I just posted, I don't think they're going to change much from the way they are right now.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Check that photo I just posted, I don't think they're going to change much from the way they are right now.

Color me underwhelmed so far, The wreaths displayed look like the ones at the local mall, I expect a bit MORE from Disney. Would it have been so difficult to have TWO versions of the Christmas parade one for the MVMCP and one for regular guests so as to maintain the holiday atmosphere.

PhotoDave219

Color me underwhelmed so far, The wreaths displayed look like the ones at the local mall, I expect a bit MORE from Disney. Would it have been so difficult to have TWO versions of the Christmas parade one for the MVMCP and one for regular guests so as to maintain the holiday atmosphere.

Don't give them ideas…

Marc Gil

yesterday the park was unreal, its just unbearable any more no matter what day or time of year. do kids even still go to school?
It is Election Day today; lots of kids have the day off.

Maybe their parents took them out to Disney for a long weekend?

Just a guess.

Animaniac93-98

Out of curiosity, what did they do to Main Street when the Surprise Celebration parade was running in November and December? That had very tall floats too.

Mawg

They need to cut down all of the trees on Main St. they are a distraction from the new wreaths. :banghead:

I liked the wreaths strung across main street more, but I like the idea of bigger floats even more and find the new wreaths to be an acceptable solution.

lobelia

In my view, the size of the white brackets mess with the perspective of the castle from what I can see from the photos. Maybe in person it doesn't mess with your eyes. I like the wreaths. They feel traditional. In the end, I think decorations should accentuate your design and not become the attraction themselves. Except for displays like the Osborne lights. That's different. I was not a fan of the garlands overhead.

photomatt

image.jpg
image.jpg

Here are two images from a few moments ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom