Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

PhotoDave219

A few thoughts here… As I'm standing underneath one of these and looking up at it…

Clearly there's still some work to do as some are not plugged in. I keep looking for additional anchor points where we might have garlands still strung across the street. Nothing jumps out at me but I think it's incredibly possible.

It looks like a wire could be easily strung from one to the other

I think everyone is overreacting.

ToTBellHop

A few thoughts here… As I'm standing underneath one of these and looking up at it…

Clearly there's still some work to do as some are not plugged in. I keep looking for additional anchor points where we might have garlands still strung across the street. Nothing jumps out at me but I think it's incredibly possible.

It looks like a wire could be easily strung from one to the other

I think everyone is overreacting.
Agreed. We should wait to judge the Christmas offerings until the first MVMCP. We can assume everything (except the tree) is done by then.

JohnD

Curious- when was this taken in 2012? We were there the week of Thanksgiving in 2012 and the full garlands were up at that point. Not like it's a big deal (I'm bored at work and in total vacation mode!!! :) ), but just would be interesting to see if date played some role...i.e. did they take it down for parade taping? I took the pic below on November 20, 2012.

8233026691_83d025c905.jpg

I'd like to see a night shot with the new wreaths.

PhotoDave219

I'd like to see a night shot with the new wreaths. I'm working my way through the thread so maybe one has already been posted?

Well considering they were put up overnight, one does not exist because night has not fallen yet. And I'm not staying here that long.

Like I said, theyre all not plugged in. I don't expect any of them to be lit up tonight.

JohnD

Well considering they were put up overnight, one does not exist because night has not fallen yet. And I'm not staying here that long.

Like I said, theyre all not plugged in. I don't expect any of them to be lit up tonight.

Good point. Missed that part. I guess the first time they'll be lit will be 11/7 for the MVMCP.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't think anyone is overreacting per say @PhotoDave219 ...actually i'd say the reception is fairly mixed so far. I just think although this fits the time period better imo, they are a bit bland. Hopefully installations truly aren't finished.

Let's at least wait till TDO is finished with installation before we attack. It might actually be nice for a change, If not well sharpen your rhetorical swords...

Next Big Thing

Well I'm assuming you saw them in person too... They just don't look finished.
I wish I had, but couldn't make it up there today. I normally only do weekend trips living in Tampa.

I'm sure seeing it in person is different than in pictures. From what I can see though, it seems to fit theme nicely, but could at the very least use some garland wrapped around the white support. Some lights would be nice too.

I do like the open view of the castle much better than the garlands though, that's one thing I can say for sure.

PhotoDave219

I wish I had, but couldn't make it up there today. I normally only do weekend trips living in Tampa.

I'm sure seeing it in person is different than in pictures. From what I can see though, it seems to fit theme nicely, but could at the very least use some garland wrapped around the white support. Some lights would be nice too.

I do like the open view of the castle much better than the garlands though, that's one thing I can say for sure.

I'm probably in the minority fine I like them.

Next Big Thing

I'm probably in the minority fine I like them.
If they stayed the way they are, I wouldn't have a problem at all. As I said, I like that they seem much more theme appropriate and they put the castle in the forefront, unlike the garlands, which blocked the view (pictures from the train station with the castle lit up should be beautiful).

I'm simply saying I think i'd like them more if they added garlands to add a bit of color, but then again, you've seen them in person and i'm going off something i'm imagining in my head so what do I know.

JohnD

If they stayed the way they are, I wouldn't have a problem at all. As I said, I like that they seem much more theme appropriate and they put the castle in the forefront, unlike the garlands, which blocked the view (pictures from the train station with the castle lit up should be beautiful).

I'm simply saying I think i'd like them more if they added garlands to add a bit of color, but then again, you've seen them in person and i'm going off something i'm imagining in my head so what do I know.

Garlands wrapped aroung the wreath hangers with lights in them would probably look nice. But I like what they have so far.

Marc Gil

I think the wreaths looks pretty good. It stuck me as being a little strange at first, but they're growing on me. I am liking the ironwork support "branches". It very 'Main Street-esque".

I can't wait to see the decorations this weekend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom