Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

asianway

Perhaps for the live taping. But the cameras they use now films above mainstreet so the garland would block the view. Disney would remove the garland for the taping and put it back up after the taping was over. The new parade is the tallest in magic kindom history.
Live taping?

The 20th balloons were huge...I don't know are you positive?

YodaMan

Saw the wreaths in person and I honestly rather liked them. Not perfect but not nearly as bad as some think. Nearly everything seems ready to go for the first castle lighting tomorrow.

Flagpole has also been moved already and Aurora has once more been displaced by the Santa area. If everyone was there this morning, you may have also noticed that the sign said "50 days until the Christmas at park open" but had been changed to "51 days" by the afternoon.

JustInTime

The garlands were never "Classic". Stop disillusioning yourself into believing something that isn't true just because they aren't there anymore.
They are classic holiday decorations. Small town America use once did this over steets and Disney Worlds mirrored that feel. Besides they are classic to me. This is a downgrade to me. If you don't agree with me, that's okay too.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They are classic holiday decorations. Small town America use once did this over steets and Disney Worlds mirrored that feel. Besides they are classic to me. This is a downgrade to me. If you don't agree with me, that's okay too.

Small town America STILL DOES where I live, It's the malls that have the wreaths hanging on stanchions.

Next Big Thing

If they mean something to you, that's cool, I still wouldn't call them classic. I've seen many small towns do the same type of look that is currently there, so really, it's all the same. I personally like the look, but then again, I never truly cared for the garlands.

JustInTime

Next Big Thing

JustInTime

Things change you know. We got a new parade and there was nothing they could do.

Classic is simply another way of saying old. Kind of like how people were calling Maelstrom a classic right as it was leaving, but didn't give a **** about it before they knew Frozen would be replacing it.
Well, not me. I legit loved the wreaths. They were there over 40 years and were a classic to me. I remember being a child and looking up at them and just being mesmerized. I loved them and they were my absolute favorite part of the holiday decor in all of Disney World.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They go over the streets? Or just wreathes? Chattanooga used to in the 1920's but they don't anymore.bThat is where I live. I haven't seen any places that do the swag garland over the streets.

Over the streets in multiple towns in my state - in fact one of the local towns just bought NEW over the street garlands.

Next Big Thing

Well, not me. I legit loved the wreaths. They were there over 40 years and were a classic to me. I remember being a child and looking up at them and just being mesmerized. I loved them and they were my absolute favorite part of the holiday decor in all of Disney World.
I'm not trying to bring you down, i'm saying that there was only so much they could do with the height of the new parade. You couldn't put the garlands too high or it ruins the forced perspective and they can't be there like they were.

Honestly, with the way cuts have been coming lately, i'm glad we got a replacement at all (although I do quite like it too).

JustInTime

I'm not trying to bring you down, i'm saying that there was only so much they could do with the height of the new parade. You couldn't put the garlands too high or it ruins the forced perspective and they can't be there like they were.

Honestly, with the way cuts have been coming lately, i'm glad we got a replacement at all (although I do quite like it too).
Your first post to me seemed way rude. Saying that they weren't classic and that I only missed them because they are gone. Totally not the case and just wanted to take an extra moment to explain that I legitimently am upset over something I loved. But in a way I wish they would have either rerouted the day parade or just added the garland in December when Mickey's parties ended and the Christmas parade shows during regular park hours. And not have the new parade for a month. I'm sure they went with the best option. I just feel like these arches holding the wreaths look too industrial. A bit like recycled tomorrowland scenery. Just my thoughts on the matter. Which really won't make a difference anyway.

JustInTime

I know this is the internet, and doing this may be next to impossible for some, but here's an idea: How about we not judge the decor until Disney's completed putting up their holiday decorations?
Very good point. I thought they were done with the wreaths.

DisneyYorkian74

Is it my understanding that the old wreaths will return once The Festvial of Fantasy parade retires and that this new wreath set up is merely temporary?

This can't be the first time Magic Kingdom has used tall floats before, can it?

I remember the Full House Disney World episode featuring some pretty tall floats with a Mardi Gras theme, or was was that parade suspended during Christmas?

I personally liked the old wreaths better..., there's always been a huge concrete gap on Main Street ever since they cut down those beautiful Castle Hub trees... The Christmas garland kind of filled that in a bit...

Now there's still a huge concrete gap right down the middle of Main Street.

JustInTime

Is it my understanding that the old wreaths will return once The Festvial of Fantasy parade retires and that this new wreath set up is merely temporary?

I remember the Full House Disney World episode featuring some pretty tall floats with a Mardi Gras theme, or was was that parade suspended during Christmas?

I personally liked the old wreaths better..., there's always been a huge concrete gap on Main Street ever since they cut down those beautiful Castle Hub trees... The Christmas garland kind of filled that in a bit...

I am sure festival of fantasy will be used for about 20 years like the old one was though. :(

Next Big Thing

FoF isn't going anywhere anytime in the near future

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom