Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

JustInTime

"Not have the new parade for a month"? There's no way I can see that happening. Guests who only visit once every 3.5 years (a common average) would be up in arms if they had been planning to see the dragon, but it wasn't running because of some Christmas garland.
Yep. Sadly, that is the WDW mindset. It needs to change.

Adam N

I wonder if there had been a lot of guest complaints because they couldn't see Celebrate the Magic either. Cuz I could seen hat being a reason.

Personally, I think they're pretty. I think the garland looks better over Disneyland MSUSA because it has a way more small town Midwest feel. Here it just felt... Idk, like it didn't fit the opulence of our Main Street.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just went onto Main Street to see this new garland and I can tell you this, nothing is strung across main street outside of the wreaths. Sorry, I can't snap a photo.
OK thanks. So it is the same as photographed yesterday?

flynnibus

Premium Member
You have to be kidding me...because the previous decorations (that have been used forever) were any more thematically authentic with their mini lights (that weren't in common use until 1960ish) and giant electric candles.

You are focusing on the minutia while missing the grander images portrayed. I'm not looking for lead paint and DC electric - but the setting, the pieces COMPLEMENTING vs DISTRACTING. And things like color temperature are a BIG DEAL - just as color itself was. If all the popcorn lights were changed to cool white... it would be disastrous. You can mix in modern touches when it doesn't DETRACT from the grander setting you are creating. Here, they are relying too much on modern flair and styling and it takes away and clashes with the Main Street setting.

You can cheat things (like they do with elements of the tree, etc) and skirt the boundaries without being distracting and feeling out of place. Here, they took an element that should be SIMPLE and look organic in origin... and by replacing with slick elements obviously just for this purpose.. along with sleek modern styling... it is all out of place with the setting.

At some point it's about just creating something cool and pretty.

Hello mr slippery slope.

I'm ok with turning a blind eye when something just is practical and doesn't stand to be a major detractor.. but here obviously Disney has invested a significant effort in an attempt to salvage the decor... but completely missed the essence of it.

It reeks of bad direction and leadership when you put so much resources into something.. in the entirely wrong direction.

note2001

I'm ok with turning a blind eye when something just is practical and doesn't stand to be a major detractor.. but here obviously Disney has invested a significant effort in an attempt to salvage the decor... but completely missed the essence of it.

It reeks of bad direction and leadership when you put so much resources into something.. in the entirely wrong direction.

What? We are still talking about wreaths here, aren't we?
Come on folks, Wait it out and then rip it to pieces once Disney has finished their decorating. We have heard both that this particular element is thought to be completed, and incomplete at the same time. Only Disney themselves know for sure if it's ready in their eyes.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Come on folks, Wait it out and then rip it to pieces once Disney has finished their decorating. We have heard both that this particular element is thought to be completed, and incomplete at the same time. Only Disney themselves know for sure if it's ready in their eyes.
The MK decor is complete now. It was a two night install, with last night being the second.

flynnibus

Premium Member

The elements I mentioned aren't going to change with more decorations...

note2001

The MK decor is complete now. It was a two night install, with last night being the second.

Ha! OK, rip away then. :D

Personally, I too liked the old version better, but things change and in time it's quite easy for Disney to restore the old look to Main Street. (It's not like they removed, or forever altered a favorite ride)

For now, I love the new parade more than the garland.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I personally think that the shade of red on the wreath lights are about .72 shades too red. I was 100% buying the Small Town America with a large European castle at the end of it's street thing until I saw the slight inauthentic discoloration of the red light bulbs on the wreaths with the all-too-believable massive candles hanging in them.
Thanks Disney. You've ruined all my hopes and dreams.

mikenatcity1

I personally think that the shade of red on the wreath lights are about .72 shades too red. I was 100% buying the Small Town America with a large European castle at the end of it's street thing until I saw the slight inauthentic discoloration of the red light bulbs on the wreaths with the all-too-believable massive candles hanging in them.
Thanks Disney. You've ruined all my hopes and dreams.

This post seriously made my day :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom