Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

Next Big Thing

Not weird...Garland or something else on the arms would start to look a little garish.
Yeah, the more I think about, the more I think garlands on them would be too much.

People think things in their mind (hell, I was thinking about it earlier in this thread), but what you think looks good and what actually looks good are two entirely different things much of the time.

Sometimes simplicity is the best way to go.

TB4244

They're looking good, the White arms don't bother me either. It's a good job they came up with that solution as most of the 3pm parade would have collected the previous garlands. I'd say it was a creative piece of thinking.

DrewmanS

Not weird...Garland or something else on the arms would start to look a little garish.

I also think the arms are sized to give an impression of arches down Main Street, thus a contrasting (but thematic color). If the arms were green or covered in garland, it would be over done. If the arms were shorter, that would look like brackets installed to hold wreaths. I am no designer, but I think the installation is to give a feel of a canopy above the sidewalks.

PhotoDave219

Yeah, it's a crying shame that those idiots like John Hench wasted all those decades of the company's time with trivial things like color, setting, etc. Good thing they are all dead now and we can do whatever we want!

Sometimes we need a sarcasm font… Others? Not so much. Your spot on… And I make the same observation with how the front side of spaceship Earth marks these days since the change to LED lighting.

Things are not aimed properly, colors are not exactly the way they should be. And it frustrates the living pooh! Out of me.

PhotoDave219

wreath.jpg

Nice one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom