Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

hokielutz

I think they look great. The garland across the street was too much and blocked the view of the castle. Sometimes less is more. Very holiday inspiring

Not to be too much of a grinch.... but I have many photos from past holidays where the garland & wreaths across the street frames very well with the castle.

TomP

I think the new brackets/wreaths look great and fit into the MSUSA theme very well. The brackets are very reminiscent of gingerbread trim from the Victorian era...can anyone tell if they are lighted? As far as Disney going cheap with this...I doubt it. It seems like this look would be more expensive to build and install than a wire cable strung between two buildings as in the past.

PhotoDave219

I think the new brackets/wreaths look great and fit into the MSUSA theme very well. The brackets are very reminiscent of gingerbread trim from the Victorian era...can anyone tell if they are lighted? As far as Disney going cheap with this...I doubt it. It seems like this look would be more expensive to build and install than a wire cable strung between two buildings as in the past.

Well we know the wreaths are lighted. I will do my best to check in an hour or so…

note2001

Well we know the wreaths are lighted. I will do my best to check in an hour or so…

Photo 6 of 7 on WDWmagic's news phots for this shows two wires: a back one running onto the arm, and a white one leading from the arm down the left chain. Something is lit up. I'm sure Disney did this right with the intention of these lasting decades to come. Nothing cheap about them.

PhotoDave219

Photo 6 of 7 on WDWmagic's news phots for this shows two wires: a back one running onto the arm, and a white one leading from the arm down the left chain. Something is lit up. I'm sure Disney did this right with the intention of these lasting decades to come. Nothing cheap about them.

You know I consider Steve a friend and then I like it when he has scooped everyone else. However I'm not going to do interpretive photoanalysis, I'm going to show up and look with my own eyes because… I can.

Of course, the lights of winter were designed in the same fashion that they would last for decades to come and we all saw how well that went…

DisneyBergh

I never cared for the wreaths across Main St. (though I've never experienced them in person). I love the new setup though! And I get to see those in person next week!!!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Not impressed with the replacements. The white "posts" look tacky, in my opinion. Although, I'm curious to see how the replacements look like at night...

mikenatcity1

It looks as though the wreaths will be lit with multicolored lights - you can see the bulbs/LED's if you zoom in on the picture. Possibly the candles in the middle of the wreaths will be lit too?

I'm sure the wreaths and candle are lit like they were on the garlands...I'm assuming the bells at the end are too.

With the installation not complete, it makes me excited to see what else they do :)

MerlinTheGoat

Installations are NOT complete.
You mean visually there's more to go? They've got potential but I feel they need more greenery, garlands or something. There's definitely something missing. I'm assuming there's not going to be anything overhanging the street anymore, these look too low hanging to do that with the parades. So i'm quite curious as to what else is left to do.

Mr.MouseFan

I don't hate them given the alternative (nothing). Something just seems off to me though. They seem too big to me. I feel like they throw off perspective. At least in the pictures. Maybe they look different in person. Kudos to them for figuring something out though! At least now they don't need to take everything down for the parade taping!

dgp602

Hey @wdwmagic can you start a 2014 Christmas decorations thread? The title of this thread is sooo not jolly and definitely not the thread to be looking at for all the resort decorations and such....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom