Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

hokielutz

I'm a bit partial to the garlands strung across the street. I wonder if these wreaths, at night will get lost among the Main Street building lights at night? Will wait and see what the photos turn out to be.

hopemax

Don't like it. All I see are huge brackets, not holiday decorations. And the brackets seem like such a "modern" thing, where everything has to be engineered to be earthquake or hurricane proof. It feels forced and unnatural. Like no one would ever choose this except having to be forced into it because of the parade changes. I feel like the scale is wrong, or there needed to be fewer of them or something. Or while some Downtowns do banners, they are off of poles not buildings, so seeing these brackets off buildings just doesn't feel right.

I'll be in FL dealing with family stuff for 3 weeks, starting tomorrow, so I'll get a chance to see them in person.

DocMcHulk

I think they look nice. One nice addition might be to have a garland that wraps around the individual white arms. Or they could do hanging garland that goes from arm to arm parallel to the street.
Good call! I think the problem is the generic plain whiteness of the arms. They need a little more color (or colour as @marni1971 would say). I agree, add some well placed garland and they'll look fine.

Last edited:

PolynesianPrincess

Not a fan of the pictures so far. I'll be there next weekend, so I'll have to check them out in person first so I can form a real opinion on them. I was quite partial to the garland across Main Street though

note2001

Don't like it, don't hate it. But the white branches are hideous.
Agree that the white is rather stark compared to the garland we're used to, but what color would be better? Gold? Wood toned? Black? OK, forget black. The white matches the trim on the store facades.

note2001

Here's a more straight on shot from the Train Station:
B1m8ZbuIcAA4n5Z.jpg

Credit: @WDWShutterbug on twitter
Thank you for finding and sharing! This is the view I wanted to see.

Nmoody1

I think they have done a good job... if you think about it these are more traditional as I'm sure turn of the century main streets didnt have garlands stretching across streets... I'm not a historian so don't beat me up if I'm wrong!

It frames the castle nicely and adds a festive touch without obstructing views down Main Street.

now... lets focus our negative energy onto a Lights of Winter replacement... or question just what festivities will be offered at Animal Kingdom now that Jingle Jungle Fumble has gone.

;)

cosmicray

Curious- when was this taken in 2012? We were there the week of Thanksgiving in 2012 and the full garlands were up at that point. Not like it's a big deal (I'm bored at work and in total vacation mode!!! :) ), but just would be interesting to see if date played some role...i.e. did they take it down for parade taping? I took the pic below on November 20, 2012.

8233026691_83d025c905.jpg
I was there the same week as you in 2012, saw the garlands as well....I'll miss the old design, but the new wreaths are still extremely nice-looking :)

Horizons1

Wow. I knew the budget was cut down for this project but I didn't kmow it got cut again. Could they have done this any cheaper?

Next Big Thing

now... lets focus our negative energy onto a Lights of Winter replacement... or question just what festivities will be offered at Animal Kingdom now that Jingle Jungle Fumble has gone.
Do we know for sure that Jingle Jungle won't be back? I mean, unless they've torn the floats apart, then there's no reason that they shouldn't perform it. DAK does NOTHING for xmas. They could at the very least bring back the parade for a holiday run if it's still intact.

JediMasterMatt

Yes, they could have. See the Lights of Winter.

I agree. These wreath replacements look much better than the Lights of Winter replacements.

WDW - best taken with a heavy dose of lowered expectations and a motto of "hey, at least it's something".

In all honesty, these don't look too bad. I think the color (or lack of) on the brackets may be the reason they don't look better. Maybe they should've been painted in "go away green" to match the construction zone that is the Hub?

FutureCEO

Do we know for sure that Jingle Jungle won't be back? I mean, unless they've torn the floats apart, then there's no reason that they shouldn't perform it. DAK does NOTHING for xmas. They could at the very least bring back the parade for a holiday run if it's still intact.

They don't have to do anything for Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom