Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Just read this tread today. Looks like the I hate anything Disney does people where out in force about how bad this was until the new wreaths went up. I love the new daytime parade and I am glad they where able to install the wreaths that looks so nice, does not block the views, and allows for the parade. Good job Disney.

This is just another example of some many complain about everything, even before it is completed. I think many will be saying the same about many ongoing projects once they are done.

mikenatcity1

Just read this tread today. Looks like the I hate anything Disney does people where out in force about how bad this was until the new wreaths went up. I love the new daytime parade and I am glad they where able to install the wreaths that looks so nice, does not block the views, and allows for the parade. Good job Disney.

This is just another example of some many complain about everything, even before it is completed. I think many will be saying the same about many ongoing projects once they are done.

I'll say- i'm one of the sad people...but usually I love what Disney does. Do I love this? No. Understand it? Yes. I'm DVC, Annual Pass, all those fun things so it won't stop me or turn me away :) And you're right- at least they incorporated them somehow and didn't get rid of them. Who knows...when they are lit with the castle and everything else, it could look amazing :)

note2001

doesn't feel as Christmasy to me without it going across the street

We'll get used to it. In person there's more going on so you won't notice it as much: scents, sounds, people in good moods (we can hope ;)) The big difference is in photos.

punkabella

Again, I loved the old garland going across but I love the new wreaths as well! It's a nice updated change to see on Main Street and I can't wait to have my pictures taken with the new decorations in a few short weeks!

afb28

We'll get used to it. In person there's more going on so you won't notice it as much: scents, sounds, people in good moods (we can hope ;)) The big difference is in photos.
Is one of the main reasons I go, maybe that's why it affects me more strongly.

note2001

Is one of the main reasons I go, maybe that's why it affects me more strongly.

Agreed. I'm hardly a great photographer, but those photos are all we have aside from the bills to remember our trips in years to come. It's great when they look nice.

note2001

The only other design I can think of they might have gotten away with is a raised arch spanning the street. They'd still be required to remove it for filming, and the fire breathing dragon would have to stop his fire breathing performance for Main street.

SpectroMan93

Garland strung across Main Street has always been a staple of the Holiday season at the Magic Kingdom, this is going to take some time to get used to. Can't deny that it's a beautiful replacement though, I love the bells at the end of the hangers and now we have double the wreaths over Main Street, so I can't complain. Night photos with the castle lit up and the wreaths framing on each side should be breathtaking.

Zac Skellington

Oh, that stinks. They were awesome to look at. But I'm not sure this is a new thing? Witness this shot from 2012, when the snow fell:

...No wreaths.
This is the angle I'd like to see of the new wreaths. Do they block the view of the builds along MS? Glad they didn't just take down the old and not replace them. To me, the new look has too much "structure".

Next Big Thing

Here's a more straight on shot from the Train Station:
B1m8ZbuIcAA4n5Z.jpg

And another:
B1m8Zb7IAAAo_WK.jpg

Credit: @WDWShutterbug on twitter

HouCuseChickie

Oh, that stinks. They were awesome to look at. But I'm not sure this is a new thing? Witness this shot from 2012, when the snow fell:

...No wreaths.

Curious- when was this taken in 2012? We were there the week of Thanksgiving in 2012 and the full garlands were up at that point. Not like it's a big deal (I'm bored at work and in total vacation mode!!! :) ), but just would be interesting to see if date played some role...i.e. did they take it down for parade taping? I took the pic below on November 20, 2012.

8233026691_83d025c905.jpg

Tinkerbell 8

I think Disney did a great job with these new additions and I can't wait to see them for myself this weekend. I personally thought the garland strung across MSUSA intruded on the view of the castle too much. These look very classy and fit well with the theme and do not obstruct the view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom