Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

jrh1985

The clearance for the floats was worked out before they designed, built and installed them.
Looking at the photos again, I can see that, Thanks!

Another upgrade we may have is these might be able to stay up for Christmas Day Parade Taping. Anyone know if these will be lit tonight?

midwest_mice

wreath.jpg

Clamman73

Like it and keeps the view open to castle. The garland and wreath strung across was starting to look like what your local town does on Main Street.

Next Big Thing

It's simple and elegant, yet gives just the right amount of Holiday flair. It's perfect for MSUSA. The old garlands were a bit too overbearing, plus they cut off the view of the castle.

note2001

Like it and keeps the view open to castle. The garland and wreath strung across was starting to look like what your local town does on Main Street.

That was the original idea. Walt wanted Main street to feel like your (not so) average, quaint little town. I'm not sure they had garland across the street of Disneyland back when Walt was alive though. This may have been more of a modern appearance.

Now days most local small towns don't do anything more than stick a wreath on a light pole here and there.

Next Big Thing

I highly doubt they will need to take them down for the parade taping. They aren't in the way and the add a holiday vibe to the street.

The only reason would be if the director for the parade taping wanted them down for some reason.

note2001

The design employees who strung the garland in years past now have a story to spin to their grandchildren when they visit Disneyworld:

"Sonny, Back in 2013, I used to ride a bucket truck up and down Main street here on freezing cold 70 degree weather nights taking down and putting back up the garland, all so the Holiday parade could be filmed and shown on tele vision. You know what tele vision is don't ya sonny?"

"No, grandpa. And what is a Holiday parade?"

mikenatcity1

Garlands across Main Street have always meant Christmas to me...it's really hard to judge how I feel about them until I see them. I personally didn't care about blocking the castle like most. However, it could give the feeling of old town USA and made a perfectly framed picture for the castle...Disney wouldn't screw something like this up and expect NOT to hear about it...i'm sure at night it will look lovely :)

BoarderPhreak

Oh, that stinks. They were awesome to look at. But I'm not sure this is a new thing? Witness this shot from 2012, when the snow fell:

...No wreaths.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom