Remember When...

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
I also miss the old Mark IV monorails. I will always remember hearing the cast members closing all the doors one-by-one. Although the new monorails have A/C. I don't believe the old ones had that.

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
Or how about this one...

Vegie Vegie Fruit Fruit...Remember that show, Kitchen Karboret. The new show, Food Rocks, has a more upbeat tempo. I still miss the old show.

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
One more before I go to bed...

I miss alot of the attration music. I still have my Disney World/Disneyland offical album with alot of old songs. I think the CD is 5 years old or more. If anyone still has this CD...make a backup of this CD...and a backup of the backup.

Here's some of my favorites:
Tommorow's Child - Spaceship Earth
Making Memories - Journey into Immagation
Space - Horizons
New Horizons - Horizons
One Little Spark - Journey into Immagation (It has returned)
Listen to the Land - Listen (Living) with the Land
Main Street Electrical Parade - Magic Kingdom
Music from World of Motion
Music from Universe of Energy

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
I lied...one more

This memory is only 5 years old...I remember the castle being a birthday cake for the 25th Anniversary. Many people did not like the fact that they painted the castle pink. Personally, I did like the change for the celebration.

DisneyDadMark

Maria & kaos -
Actually, it was SuperStar Television. (I got to play Al Borland on Tool Time.) It was in the theater that most recently housed the Doug Live show.

DisneyWorld30th -
It was probably American Journeys. Magic Journeys was in the theater at the Imagination Pavilion, then moved for a while to the theater that most recently housed the Legend of the Lion King show at MK.

As far as attractions that I miss, boy there are so many!

Horizons
Listen to the Land
the original Journey Into Imagination
Magic Journeys
World of Motion
the original Tiki Room
the Skyway (though it rained every time my wife and I would approach the front of the queue)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
the Mickey Mania parade
Illuminations 25 (both versions)
...and so many others too numerous to list!

There's an echo from my childhood: "Daddy, if we can't buy one more E ticket, can we at least buy a B or C ticket?"

MGMBoy

I remember the old monorails. I also remember going to a Halloween party @ the Contemporary when I was really little. Best past memory has to be of Horizons though. :)

disneyfamily

I too miss the old magic shop and the penny arcade on Main St. I dont miss the Skyway ride. I hated seeing the roof tops of the attractions. I miss Dreamflight and Mission to Mars...oh and I miss how Tommorowland used to look. I must be the only one who liked the '60/'70's future look.

AdLibSean

I really miss Horizons and the old JIYI. Moving past those colorful murals as a child and riding into an attraction you had no idea how magical it was going to be and it was! I also miss the old Epcot Entrance area with the fountain and planters. I miss the old music too, the 2000 music I mean.

kaos

Originally posted by DisneyDadMark
Maria & kaos -
Actually, it was SuperStar Television. (I got to play Al Borland on Tool Time.) It was in the theater that most recently housed the Doug Live show.

DisneyWorld30th -
It was probably American Journeys. Magic Journeys was in the theater at the Imagination Pavilion, then moved for a while to the theater that most recently housed the Legend of the Lion King show at MK.

As far as attractions that I miss, boy there are so many!

Horizons
Listen to the Land
the original Journey Into Imagination
Magic Journeys
World of Motion
the original Tiki Room
the Skyway (though it rained every time my wife and I would approach the front of the queue)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
the Mickey Mania parade
Illuminations 25 (both versions)
...and so many others too numerous to list!

There's an echo from my childhood: "Daddy, if we can't buy one more E ticket, can we at least buy a B or C ticket?"

Thanks for the correction. I just couldn't remember, it's been so long ago.

And, I found an E-ticket in my desk not too long ago. I was so excited (I was 26 when I found it) that I went running to my Dad, who immediately took out 3 COMPLETE books from his desk. Not to much after that, my brother found a 4-day PASSPORT from 1985 with a day left on it. Gee... those are always fun memories.

WDWsmith2001

I remember when the "lawnmower tree" in Fort Wilderness was a big deal. Now its grown so much you can barely see the mower. Anyone else seen this? I've never heard mention of it here or elsewhere on the web. I also miss the arcade they had in FW, My favorite games were the golf game with a little model of "Big Al" as the golfer and the helicopter game where you got to fly a mini version of a real heli'.

Debbie

Re: Remember when....

Originally posted by Tramp
...the Magic Kingdom was the ONLY park and it was open til
...I should dig out all the old memorabilia cuz I'm sure I've forgotten what I can't remember...:hammer:
let's see if I can jar the old memory:
I remember the tickets.
Ever see Orange Bird at WDW? My neighbors have a pic with him.
Reservations had to be made one year in advance to stay at either the Poly or the Contemporary. The phone could be busy for hours at a time.
Superstar television? I really miss this one
the Disney Village? and ever stayed at the Treehouses?
Remember U.S.192 before it was built up? Remember driving past what is now 535? before Crossroads?
Remember Xanadu; the home of the future?
For all you younger members: When there was only Magic Kingdom; Mom and Dad had to find other things to do with us youngin's
Gatorland
Sea World
Tupperware
Xanudu
Kennedy Space Center (where I met Smoky the Bear)

Also I remember staying at the Days Inn on 192. There was NOTHING around back then.

Maria

I remember the first time we went, we stayed at the "John Newcomb´s" motel or hotel? It had alligators in a pond around the restaurant and reception. I have no idea where it was, but there was nothing around!

I remember seeing Xanadu on the way to WalMart....

Nansafan

I miss, in no particular order:
Mr. Toad
Horizons
World of Motion
and the Magic Kingdom staying open until 1:00 AM every night. Hooray, my 50th post!

TinkerBell9988

I think we all remember when the CoP was open ALL the time... but lets not get stressed out here....

LOL I miss the Junkanoo bus too!!!

WDWspider

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
Gatorland, Circus World, Boardwalk and Baseball, the old Hard Rock at Universal before they tore it down and moved it.....

Circus World... I got my face painted like a clown there.:sohappy: :sohappy:

And when we got back to the hotel, I left some crayons in the car and it was really hot... wait, that's a memory best left in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom