Remember When Cinderella Castle Was Turned Into A Cake in 1996?

Did You Like The Castle As A Cake?

• Yes

Votes: 95 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 137 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeeSeeBabe

I thought (still think) it was hidious.... if it was edible, thats another story :slurp:

I did like the "Remember The Magic" parade though, one of my favs :D

-Chris-

PS ~ Does anybody have any pictures of the "transformation" into/out of the cake? I think that would be interesting to see half a cake :D

I have it stuck in my head now... too bad the only words I can remember are "Remember the Magic"....

Does anyone know if they sold miniature edible Castle cakes for people to buy? If not, I think that would be something that they would have thought of in the past few years

henryt93

I personally did not mind it, as a temporary thing.

On the other hand, I don't think the people over at the wedding pavilion agreed...:animwink::fork:

doop

I liked it, probably because I was 6 years old at the time. But still, it really doesn't look that bad to me, perhaps because of nostalgic reasons

diswiz94

I loved the cake!!
They should have brought it back for the 100 Years Of Magic Celebration and maybe perhaps for the 50th Anniversary in 2021! :D

BeastnBelle29

That was the first year that I ever went to Disney World. I was so excited. But after I saw the castle, i remember thinking how neat it was that they could do that, but slightly more disappointed that i couldn't see the real castle in all it's Disney magic. It did however make me that much more excited to go back the second time to see the castle as it should be!:sohappy:

radiohost

Original Poster
That was the first year that I ever went to Disney World. I was so excited. But after I saw the castle, i remember thinking how neat it was that they could do that, but slightly more disappointed that i couldn't see the real castle in all it's Disney magic. It did however make me that much more excited to go back the second time to see the castle as it should be!:sohappy:

LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY WELCOME TO WDWMAGIC.COM!!!!!

I think that was disneys big mistake.

People come to walt disney world to see the castle as it is....A CASTLE!!

There were alot of disapointed guests that year, and I was one of them!!

brucie

Welcome BeastnBelle!!

I hated the cake becaues it wasn't the castle!! I Love the Castle and I think the cake took away from it!

LuisT

Ahh I remember like it was yesterday. When I first saw that " cake " castle, my eyes dropped but I was only 3 at the time. So, I was a bit crazy and went insane. I love the design and it looks great. I voted yes =)

MacDuffieMuppet

i liked it...i was a young girl who liked pink:ROFLOL:!! That was a memorable trip for me. it was my first with my grandparents only and it was nice to see a pink castle...

i can see how others might see it as a bad thing. I will always like the traditional castle best...I'd rather see the castle pink again before the christmas lights. I really don't know why, I just would.:hammer:

Panhead

I have it stuck in my head now... too bad the only words I can remember are "Remember the Magic"....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N0Sb0TFO9k4

(song)

"Remember the magic
Remember the magic
It's time to remember the magic

Your heart could just take wing
You could live out all your dreams
Not matter how, no matter when
You can reach that world again
It's like a dream come true
That lives inside of you

(Remember the magic, remember the magic)

Zip-eh-dee-doo-dah(a magic sensation)
Zip-eh-dee-day(a new celebration)
My oh my what A wonderful day
Twenty-five years of Disney magic {line cut from video?}
Plenty of sunshine
Headed my way
Zip-eh-dee-doo-dah
Zip-eh-dee-day
Remember the magic
Remember the magic

So join the celebration
And wish upon a star
And stop, to remember the magic (Zip-eh-dee-doo-dah)
It's time to remember the magic (Zip-eh-dee-day)
There's always a dream comin' true
Remember the magic"

One of my favorite Disney songs, It's been stuck in my head since I saw the parade in.. 97 I think?

-Chris-

Given that I was about 7 or 8 and only saw a tv promo of the castle i thought it was kinda cool. Anything Disney World at the time was awesome to me though.

JLW11Hi

I heard a lot of people cancelled their arrangements at the Wedding Pavillion because of the cake. Anyone know anything about this?

gsimpson

I sort of liked it, but didn't want it to last

I am glad it didn't stick around too long but it was kind or a neat idea. It took a lot of creativity to come up with that mess. It also looked happy and full of joy, there was little doubt that it was a celebration (i.e. the opposite of the Epcot leave a legacy marble garden).

I had some friends who were CMs at the time and they said that the cake overlay was in large part inflated plastic balloons and it took a lot of damage from the fireworks and needed repairs quite often. At least the Epcot Wand was robust.

disney9752

I am glad it didn't stick around too long but it was kind or a neat idea. It took a lot of creativity to come up with that mess. It also looked happy and full of joy, there was little doubt that it was a celebration (i.e. the opposite of the Epcot leave a legacy marble garden).

I had some friends who were CMs at the time and they said that the cake overlay was in large part inflated plastic balloons and it took a lot of damage from the fireworks and needed repairs quite often. At least the Epcot Wand was robust.

wasnt so creative, euro disney had done the castle cake for a very brief time for one of they anniversaries in 94 or 95:fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom