Remember When Cinderella Castle Was Turned Into A Cake in 1996?

Did You Like The Castle As A Cake?

• Yes

Votes: 95 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 137 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I thought it was festive, audacious and over-the-top, and it was yet another reminder to me that "If we can dream it, we can do it."

I mean, come on, if you had a dream that a blue and white castle turned into a pink cake, wouldn't you wonder if your dinner had been spiked with something? But Disney did it.

rainfully

I was there durring the transformation phase of the Castle Cake... half of my beloved castle was PINK and I nearly had a heart attack. I honestly thought they were painting my castle permanently pink and I was freaking out.

Of course this was before I knew everything before it happened at WDW thanks to the internet. :lol:

DonaldDoleWhip

My first trip to WDW was when I was three, and the only things I remember are Polynesian, Dumbo, Tea Cups, and Peter Pan.

My second trip to WDW was when I was four. I remember seeing the cake castle from a mouseboat. I loved it.

Today, I'm happy that the cake castle wasn't permanent. However, I liked it a lot when it was around.

JimboJones123

I remember being a teenage boy and not giving a flip either way. It's not like it's a ride or anything. It's not even a walkthrough like DL.

Today though, I LOVE IT!!! How is it any different than changing lights at night?

I actually like change at every trip. That distinguishes the trips apart and make them more memorable.

I'll also remember the trip where they built the entire DHS hat while I was there. That was the same trip they installed the Magic Carpets. Why do I remember them. Because they were different. Points of reference and whatnot.

dazzer68

i waited 25 years to get to go to wdw and to see the castle, and how ******* off was i, when it was dressed as a revolting cake.i was really upset, spending 25 years looking at pictures and dreaming of the time when i could get to see it (im in uk).and it looked like that i hope they never do that to any one again.

MinnieLee

It fit for the 25th anniversary celebration but my teeth hurt just looking at it. It looked over the top "sweet"!! I could see where anyone visiting for the first time would be disappointed but then they got a once in a lifetime picture!

dixiegirl

I have it stuck in my head now... too bad the only words I can remember are "Remember the Magic"....

"Do you remember the magic'?? It's time to remember the magic"!!!!!!! It was definatly a song that stayed in your head...all day long, but I loved it !!!!! That was one of my favorite parades....actually it is my favo..I use to love how they would stop at certain points in the parade and dance with the guests!!!! That was great!!!!

JDM

Even though I am admittedly "pro-Wand" and am also adamantly "pro-change"......I have to say that was the most hideous thing I've ever seen.
I suppose I wouldn't have minded if I went to WDW very frequently, or even once a year. Because you know it's gone very soon and it doesn't spoil anything.
But if I had taken one of my (unfortunately) rare trips there during that time, my pictures of the castle would have been ruined by that giant pink monstrosity.
Compared to the cake, the Wand is a footnote.
(please let's not start another wand thread, I'm just explaining why I support one, but not the other.)

MaeMaesMagic

my first ever trip was in 96 and yes the cake was cute but on all my other visits walking onto main street and seeing the castle in the distance the feeling is much different!!

SallyShine

We were going through some pics the other day and I came across "the cake". I remember liking it at the time, but now it looks really cheesey.

happymom52003

Well, since my husband proposed to me in front of the castle cake, I have fond memories of it. I do think it was a strange thing for Disney to do though....I really think they could have done something more subtle, like the way they had it decorated in honor of DL's 50th. I don't mind if they add something to the castle for special celebrations, but I think they went too far with the cake.

alilance

I HATED when they did that to my castle!!:(:(:( Almost as much as when they screwed with Spaceship Earth and had that scorcerers hand on it!!:brick:I was so happy on my last trip that that was finally gone! Leave the casle and Spaceship Earth the way it is suppose to be! (Though during Christmas time with all the lights Cinderella's castle at night was gorgeous and brought me to tears!!) Loved that!!:)

LeeSeeBabe

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N0Sb0TFO9k4

(song)

"Remember the magic
Remember the magic
It's time to remember the magic

Your heart could just take wing
You could live out all your dreams
Not matter how, no matter when
You can reach that world again
It's like a dream come true
That lives inside of you

(Remember the magic, remember the magic)

Zip-eh-dee-doo-dah(a magic sensation)
Zip-eh-dee-day(a new celebration)
My oh my what A wonderful day
Twenty-five years of Disney magic {line cut from video?}
Plenty of sunshine
Headed my way
Zip-eh-dee-doo-dah
Zip-eh-dee-day
Remember the magic
Remember the magic

So join the celebration
And wish upon a star
And stop, to remember the magic (Zip-eh-dee-doo-dah)
It's time to remember the magic (Zip-eh-dee-day)
There's always a dream comin' true
Remember the magic"

One of my favorite Disney songs, It's been stuck in my head since I saw the parade in.. 97 I think?

-Chris-

Thanks Chris!

YAY trip down memory lane listening to it!!!!!

BTW, must admit now, I ACCIDENTALLY voted yes instead of no :lookaroun.
I thought the question was: "Do you remember the cake?" HAHAHA
I thought that was a ridiculous question, I didn't look at the actual poll question.

WRE4ever

so ugly...i went down like 4 or 5 times that year and the year before and i remember the castle just slowly turning pink...it was terrible ... i loved the celebration...best afternoon parade in my opinion... but i HATED the cake

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom