News Reimagined Toontown coming

Phroobar

Well that is subjective, and I appreciate your opinion.
It is my opinion and the area looks stupid.
If you guys like cut rate Imagineering than that will work for you. IMHO, This is a downgrade compared to Chip n' Dale's treehouse or even the Winnie the Pooh queue tree which is what should have been there.

In fact, it should have been a flat ride with Goofy's house as the queue. Such a waste of space.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It is my opinion and the area looks stupid.
If you guys like cut rate Imagineering than that will work for you. IMHO, This is a downgrade compared to Chip n' Dale's treehouse or even the Winnie the Pooh queue tree which is what should have been there.

In fact, it should have been a flat ride with Goofy's house as the queue. Such a waste of space.
All I said was its a tree in a toon land, the root system doesn't have to make sense or match the real world.

Personally I thought they were going to put in a fake tree based on the concept art, I'm sure there is a post in this thread where I said the same.

And as I said in the post you quoted, I appreciate your opinion.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
More information from the Orange County Register on ongoing work to address issues at Toontown.

"Work in Mickey’s Toontown will occur in two phases this fall starting with Centoonial Park and followed by Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard with a goal of completing the work by early November, according to Disneyland officials.

The Centoonial Park work includes adjusting the soft surface around the Dreaming Tree, repairing a leak under the Mickey and Minnie fountain and replacing a section of artificial turf with brick pavers, according to Disneyland officials.

Play elements will be added and repaired in Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard, according to Disneyland officials."

-----

"Disneyland officials understand the frustration of seeing construction walls and apologize for the inconvenience during the critical work to improve the guest experience.

Disneyland has been forced to address a host of issues in Toontown since the popular kiddie land that regularly teems with wall-to-wall visitors returned from a yearlong refurbishment.

Donald Duck’s water play area has yet to open. Teeter totters and a colorful bird house have been removed from Goofy’s Play Yard. Visitor traffic patterns over a section of turf between the Mickey & Minnie fountain and the Walt’s Dreaming Tree are forcing Disneyland to install pavers as a replacement."

Dear Prudence

Between this, the SFS bridge and the already cracking new pavement in DTD, I'm hoping Disneyland reevaluates their contractors/construction companies...
don't you know, MCN, you can't say ANYTHING about Disney's cheap and bad projects or corner cutter, you're just an UNREASONABLE h8tr. (kidding, obviously!!!)

Seriously, though, major rains aside, this is actually kind of embarrassing for them; more importantly, I hope no one gets hurt because of their cost cutting!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The section of grass that was there did seem off, I wonder if that was always temporary, or if they decided to go with pavers after seeing all the water getting down there?
It says why 6 posts above you:

"Visitor traffic patterns over a section of turf between the Mickey & Minnie fountain and the Walt’s Dreaming Tree are forcing Disneyland to install pavers as a replacement."

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom