News Reimagined Toontown coming

TP2000

Fake lawns cause cancer and leach deadly chemicals into the groundwater.

Anaheim sits directly over the underground aquifer that Orange County uses as its water filtration and storage system for several million county residents. This fake lawn was literally (channeling my inner college girl) leaching cancer chemicals into the water supply, so it had to be removed.

mickEblu

Lol. You can’t imagine the possibility of WDW having a toontown again? It could easily fit into MK or DHS (so that means it will go to Epcot haha).

It’s not that they don’t have the space. It’s that they already have the anchor for the land at DHS. The kkky chance of getting a Toontown would be if they decided to change the facade for MMRR and put Toontown there. With that said I don’t know the layout of the park well and if the surrounding area is expendable.

TP2000

With that said I don’t know the layout of the park well and if the surrounding area is expendable.

It's not. MMRR at DHS is hemmed in all sides by existing park areas they just built and/or remodeled extensively. Namely, Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge.

This is what makes the WDW parks so hilariously bad at what they do and how they offer it. They've got all the land that Walt could imagine to buy, and yet they build these parks with only 6 or 8 rides and then design them so they can't do much beyond even that. They simply aren't good at it in WDW.

TDO appears to have absolutely no idea what it's doing with many of their parks and many of their long-term decisions.

mickEblu

The anchor of the land is Mickey’s house. At WDW toontown could easily exist without Runaway, as it did for 20+ years.

It could of course. My point is that Disney wouldn’t see the value in building a Toontown when MMRR already exists at WDW. A 1993 Toontown wouldn’t move the needle and wouldn’t be worth the millions it would take to build.

The anchor of the land is not Mickeys house. The anchor is what attracts and serves the most people.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

So shouldn't WDW have twice as many rides as Disneyland then?
And lets not forger that the Disney World parks are magnitudes bigger than Disneyland in square footage.

• Disneyland [resort] is 500 acres in size.
  • Disney World is much larger, at 30,080 acres.

• The SMALLEST Disney theme park in the world is Disney California Adventure - 55 acres (not counting the Cars Land expansion, which is not open at this time);
    • Hong Kong Disneyland - approximately 60 acres (55 not counting the new Toy Story PlayLand);
    • Walt Disney Studios Paris - 62 acres;
    • Disneyland Park (California) - 85 acres;
    • Tokyo DisneySea - 122 acres;
    • Tokyo Disneyland - 126 acres, and Disneyland Paris - 126 acres;
    • Magic Kingdom - 142 acres;
    • Disney’s Hollywood Studios - 154 acres;
    • Epcot - 300 acres;
    • The BIGGEST Disney theme park in the world is Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park- 500 acres.
    • https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2012/02/fun-fact-comparing-size-of-disneys.html?m=1

TrainsOfDisney

TDO has as many rides as TDA, plus more non-ride attractions. It's just spread over 4 parks than 2.
The Florida parks really haven’t expanded well though compared to California.

Even though I don’t agree with some of the rethemes at DCA - that’s still such a solid park for its size. 19 attractions you can ride, plus a 3d show, animation building, playhouse, and a walk-through. (23 attractions, 24 when Hyperion is operating).

Compare that directly to DHS with 9 attractions you can ride, 3d show, playhouse, walk-through, 3 stage shows, cars show, Mickey shorts and I guess launch bay? - 18 attractions and that’s pretty generous. (Mickey shorts and launch bay are both a stretch).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Florida parks really haven’t expanded well though compared to California.

Even though I don’t agree with some of the rethemes at DCA - that’s still such a solid park for its size. 19 attractions you can ride, plus a 3d show, animation building, playhouse, and a walk-through. (23 attractions, 24 when Hyperion is operating).

Compare that directly to DHS with 9 attractions you can ride, 3d show, playhouse, walk-through, 3 stage shows, cars show, Mickey shorts and I guess launch bay? - 18 attractions and that’s pretty generous. (Mickey shorts and launch bay are both a stretch).
DHS is indeed the weakest. It's *extra *should be lots of shows, but with an empty theater and a outdoor musical that's very long in the tooth, it's missing the extra attractions to bring it on par with the other parks.

I suppose TWDC is looking at the cost of the 2 new lands and thinking it's even.

mickEblu

It's not. MMRR at DHS is hemmed in all sides by existing park areas they just built and/or remodeled extensively. Namely, Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge.

This is what makes the WDW parks so hilariously bad at what they do and how they offer it. They've got all the land that Walt could imagine to buy, and yet they build these parks with only 6 or 8 rides and then design them so they can't do much beyond even that. They simply aren't good at it in WDW.

TDO appears to have absolutely no idea what it's doing with many of their parks and many of their long-term decisions.

I just checked out a map. Pixar Plaza and the Animation Courtyard look pretty expendable to me. The only real sacrifice would be The Hollywood Derby (and maybe One Mans Dream depending on how much people are attached to that) unless I'm missing something? Not that Toontown would be worth the effort or justify existing in that premium real estate but it does appear like MMRR is surrounded by some expendable stuff. Whether it's feasible or not for Tonntown to be carved into that real estate is another question. If they ever did bring Toontown to DHS they would definitely have to bring it over with at least a D ticket or Roger Rabbit equivalent or it would be pretty anticlimactic.

Last edited:

Purduevian

1698081839455.png

Red is MMRR
Dark blue is basically unused (closed theater, SW launch bay, and backstage)
Teal I think is Disney jr, but i'm not sure how much it and Brown derby split the building. Regardless disney Jr. could live in Toontown

TrainsOfDisney

If they hadn't built Star Wars and Toy Story at DHS, both that and Animal Kingdom were half-day parks.
DHS didn’t gain much with that attraction count wise. Plus the stunt show and tram tour were both people eaters.

Rise should have gone where Indy is, Mickeys runaway should have gone where launch bay is.

As part of building mickeys runaway and Toy Story land, they could have built areas the tram tour goes through “now entering Disney Animation studios where it was all started by a mouse” and “here we enter the world of Pixar, where it was all started by a toy!”

BrianLo

So shouldn't WDW have twice as many rides as Disneyland then?
No, the extra attractions make up for it. The zoo, the world fair, 2 nightly fireworks.

Tho, I do agree that the rides aren't properly distributed among the parks.

I think you are both right. No park in WDW warrants the sheer density of Disneyland. Things get undercounted at WDW, like shows and certainly World Showcase and Animal Kingdom's Zoo are not weighted adequately in a basic ride count.

But WDW should probably have 3/4 of the ride density that DLR has. Aka 50% more than it does currently. Most prominently DHS and DAK need sheer ride count work, though every park at WDW still deserves 'more'.

Truly Disneyland (the mess that is Tomorrowland aside) is just about the only park that honestly has enough... not that I'd turn my nose down at more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom