News Reimagined Toontown coming

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is it a trick of the perspective, or did they fence in and landscape those curbs?
One of the design elements of the redesign was to remove all barriers for those with physical disabilities. So, they purposefully removes all curbs and tripping hazards from the walkways (and the play areas are full of ramps rather than stairs and are such that a child with disabilities can play on them).

While nixing the curbs, they added a fenced in green island.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It’s not meant to be noticed. It’s meant to just look better.
Yeah, I only noticed it because I was looking at footage on YouTube (before they took the walls down) and wanted to see what had changed and that's when I noticed the paint scheme was different on all the building in that area.

I don't expect anyone to really notice as it is not something you memorize. I only noticed because I was doing a side-by-side comparison at the time.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
One of the design elements of the redesign was to remove all barriers for those with physical disabilities. So, they purposefully removes all curbs and tripping hazards from the walkways (and the play areas are full of ramps rather than stairs and are such that a child with disabilities can play on them).

I believe this was talking about in an interview I saw that Dusty from MC was giving to an imagineer (don't remember if I saw that posted here).

I really like the added planters as I said in my earlier thoughts that it adds to making the place feel like a more lived-in town. Paired with the new road it actually looks like the buildings are on the side of a road like a town rather than just sitting as a bare island in the middle of plain asphalt.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Update: even on a weekday (in an updated land - during spring break, I understand) it was wall to wall people.

But meeting Pete was great - he was delightful.

And I can also recommend the kids' corn dog nuggets. However, it took literally half an hour from my hitting "I'm here - prepare my food" on my phone to actually getting the food in hand - almost 20 minutes until it was ready to pick up and then another 10+ minutes in line at the window to get it. And then having to ask for a lid and a straw and utensils sitting there behind the window instead of out in the land along with being handed my order in a paper bag with a ripped handle and having to point it out to the CM and request another bag with both handles so I could actually carry the food and drink order as there are no trays. Growing pains, I understand. But this place is woefully small and understaffed for the current demand. The food lines are as long as the ride lines.

mharrington

I want to address a question from a few days ago...

It’s also worth noting that there are a few songs I’ve caught on live streams of the land that weren’t included in the recent online release of music. Minnie’s YooHoo, Donald’s 1940s theme, Ducktales theme, and the Paul Rudish Mickey Mouse theme. Perhaps they’ll be coming in a second drop down the line?

I'm curious what you mean by "second drop down the line". Can you maybe show us some videos of these streams so we can hear?

TP2000

Update: even on a weekday (in an updated land - during spring break, I understand) it was wall to wall people.

But meeting Pete was great - he was delightful.

And I can also recommend the kids' corn dog nuggets. However, it took literally half an hour from my hitting "I'm here - prepare my food" on my phone to actually getting the food in hand - almost 20 minutes until it was ready to pick up and then another 10+ minutes in line at the window to get it. And then having to ask for a lid and a straw and utensils sitting there behind the window instead of out in the land along with being handed my order in a paper bag with a ripped handle and having to point it out to the CM and request another bag with both handles so I could actually carry the food and drink order as there are no trays. Growing pains, I understand. But this place is woefully small and understaffed for the current demand. The food lines are as long as the ride lines.

This first-hand account is fascinating. Not because it speaks to a snack bar that is badly managed at serving uncomplicated food like "Corn Dog Nuggets".

It's fascinating because this badly managed snack bar is a 30 year old location in a 68 year old theme park with a gazillion Dockers-clad managers and endless executives overseeing them all allegedly doing their jobs of, you know, managing a theme park snack bar. :banghead:

Castle Cake Apologist

Nice, I like it! It definitely also serves to give it more of a small town feel.

Brer Oswald

I want to address a question from a few days ago...

I'm curious what you mean by "second drop down the line". Can you maybe show us some videos of these streams so we can hear?
“Second drop” as in a second release of tracks onto Spotify, Apple Music, etc. A “volume 2 of sorts”.

Unfortunately I don’t remember what streams I had watched. I just looked up “ToonTown” on YouTube on reopening day and skimmed through any blogger stream/video I could find.

mharrington

“Second drop” as in a second release of tracks onto Spotify, Apple Music, etc. A “volume 2 of sorts”.

Unfortunately I don’t remember what streams I had watched. I just looked up “ToonTown” on YouTube on reopening day and skimmed through any blogger stream/video I could find.
Can you at least list out some of the songs you heard? I don't know if I were to rewatch those videos if I could hear the songs very well, since it's crowded and all.

Phroobar

That reminds me of the opening weeks of DCA. I was at some wrap place in the farm area. I waited 45 minutes for my food. 20 minutes of it was looking at the food as it sat there because the cast member wouldn't give it to me. I realized they are still being trained but wouldn't they have someone from the other park training them instead of having these new people reinvent the wheel?

mharrington

Yes. They just released wave 2.

Is that really what it is or is that just a joke?

I believe you had said they also played "Minnie's Yoo-Hoo", Donald's 1940s theme, the DuckTales theme, and Rudish Mickey Mouse theme. While you admitted that you didn't know if they were part of a second wave, can you at least make a list of the tracks that played that weren't part of the first wave? I'm really intrigued now.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Is that really what it is or is that just a joke?

I believe you had said they also played "Minnie's Yoo-Hoo", Donald's 1940s theme, the DuckTales theme, and Rudish Mickey Mouse theme. While you admitted that you didn't know if they were part of a second wave, can you at least make a list of the tracks that played that weren't part of the first wave? I'm really intrigued now.
Why there isn't any Roger Rabbit theme songs in this loop?

MarvelCharacterNerd

The music is definitely prominent when you're in the land, but it was thematically appropriate and I may or may not have "Woo-oo'd" along with the DuckTales theme. :D

I will be going back there for food (pizza and corn dog nuggets definitely repeatable and I want to try the wrap and the mini-donuts), but understanding to order for half an hour before I want to eat since I'll be waiting the extra time to get it.

mharrington

To follow up on @Brer Oswald...

According to the comments in the video on YouTube, the full audio loop is 30 minutes and not 25, as the video is, but I'm not sure how they can squeeze in "Minnie's Yoo-Hoo", Donald's 1940s theme, the "DuckTales" theme or the Rudish Mickey Mouse theme in that short amount of time.

I must admit, though, for them to use "The Spectrum Song" of all things was a neat surprise.

Brer Oswald

To follow up on @Brer Oswald...

According to the comments in the video on YouTube, the full audio loop is 30 minutes and not 25, as the video is, but I'm not sure how they can squeeze in "Minnie's Yoo-Hoo", Donald's 1940s theme, the "DuckTales" theme or the Rudish Mickey Mouse theme in that short amount of time.

I must admit, though, for them to use "The Spectrum Song" of all things was a neat surprise.
Many of the songs are only a minute or a minute and a half in length. Two at 1.5 min and two at 1 min would add up to the extra 5.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom