News Reimagined Toontown coming

mickEblu

disagree but its all good. I cant wait to see what the new king thanos ride is gonna be!

They need to to knock it out of the park. Hoping that King Thanos ride isn’t a Transformers ride.

In terms of Disney level quality theming and atmosphere, the ITTBAB queue (not even including the show) was better than everything in AC proper put together… in my humble opinion.

Nothing in AC is transportive in any way. Of course the chosen setting doesn’t help with that at all. I’d imagine the budget had something to do with the setting choice though.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Nothing in AC is transportive in any way. Of course the chosen setting doesn’t help with that at all. I’d imagine the budget had something to do with the setting choice though.

I always viewed the setting as the limitation of the brand. They needed something that could have every Marvel character from the last decade- plus all the new ones. And since WDI is far too literal these days, instead of just making a super fun land richly themed to a setting like Wakanda- even if it 'breaks' story, they had to ensure the land could have every character and maintain whatever story they were trying to tell.

It's like the exact opposite problem Galaxy's Edge has- where they were too specific on Timeline and setting which has hindered the land since day one. AC is just too generic to leave any kind of lasting impression despite the fact entertainment is working their butt off to have the best meet and greets.

mickEblu

I always viewed the setting as the limitation of the brand. They needed something that could have every Marvel character from the last decade- plus all the new ones. And since WDI is far too literal these days, instead of just making a super fun land richly themed to a setting like Wakanda- even if it 'breaks' story, they had to ensure the land could have every character and maintain whatever story they were trying to tell.

It's like the exact opposite problem Galaxy's Edge has- where they were too specific on Timeline and setting which has hindered the land since day one. AC is just too generic to leave any kind of lasting impression despite the fact entertainment is working their butt off to have the best meet and greets.

The brand is limiting to an extent but what would be wrong with a romanticized San Francisco being the Marvel Land? Im guessing the budget and size constraints but every time I want to give WDI the benefit of the doubt I think of things like the new POTC auction script.

AC isn’t transportive in anyway. We don’t go to another time, place or fantasy world. Just present day warehouse/ business park/ community college blandness. The only time I feel any sort of emotion is when Spider-Man launches.

SuddenStorm

The brand is limiting to an extent but what would be wrong with a romanticized San Francisco being the Marvel Land? Im guessing the budget and size constraints but every time I want to give WDI the benefit of the doubt I think of things like the new POTC auction script.

AC isn’t transportive in anyway. We don’t go to another time, place or fantasy world. Just present day warehouse/ business park/ community college blandness. The only time I feel any sort of emotion is when Spider-Man launches.

Agreed! And I doubt many Marvel fans are willing to make the trek to Anaheim solely to experience Avengers Campus.

Consumer

A proper Marvel land ought to be set in New York City. Sure, not every Marvel character is from there, but it still serves as the hub of Mavel heroes. Obviously that wouldn’t have made sense in DCA, but it’s still the proper treatment for Marvel.

J4546

whatever Marvel based land Disney eventually builds in DHS, it better have the same budget/immersion as Star Wars got. I like AC, at least the one in CA, but Marvel is a pillar of the Disney brand and deserves something major. More of a headquarters than a campus. Also, I want to see Xmen and FF

mickEblu

Agreed! And I doubt many Marvel fans are willing to make the trek to Anaheim solely to experience Avengers Campus.

Also why is it anytime I try to explain what AC or Mission Breakout is there are like three forward slashes. Shouldn’t be so hard to describe a land. Should be obvious.

_caleb

A proper Marvel land ought to be set in New York City. Sure, not every Marvel character is from there, but it still serves as the hub of Mavel heroes. Obviously that wouldn’t have made sense in DCA, but it’s still the proper treatment for Marvel.
I mean
AC5486A3-3BD0-4942-BE2F-C1109FA3AE83.jpeg

Rich Brownn

whatever Marvel based land Disney eventually builds in DHS, it better have the same budget/immersion as Star Wars got. I like AC, at least the one in CA, but Marvel is a pillar of the Disney brand and deserves something major. More of a headquarters than a campus. Also, I want to see Xmen and FF
You might see them in Cali but not in Florida...

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Toontown to reopen March 8th -

"It’s Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse’s birthday! In honor of this special occasion, the Disneyland Resort is pleased to announce the official reopening date of Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland park – March 8, 2023!"

mickEblu

Toontown to reopen March 8th -

"It’s Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse’s birthday! In honor of this special occasion, the Disneyland Resort is pleased to announce the official reopening date of Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland park – March 8, 2023!"

Hoping that’s not the new marquee. Otherwise everything sounds good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom