News Reimagined Toontown coming

mickEblu

048B2EDB-FDEF-4F54-A486-A86DEBB4560D.jpeg

Vs

93EF16BC-5BE7-469F-B71F-BDEA6BD47FCC.jpeg

mickEblu

I really hope that's not the new sign. It's too much of hodgepodge-too much going on. That it is cartoony does not mean that they can just do whatever they want-OG Toontown had and stuck to a unified style and aesthetic, as did the original sign.

It also skews a little too "disorganized preschool" in aesthetics for my taste.

I have a feeling it’s the new sign. It’s in the exact same font. I mentioned the possibility of them changing it when it was first removed although I thought it would be for them to add Minnie’s name. There really was no good reason for them to take it down unless they had the intention of changing it. They could have just wrapped it or something. At this point I’m just hoping it doesn’t come with the silhouette of the Mickey ears that we see on the blog post.

mharrington

Toontown to reopen March 8th -

"It’s Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse’s birthday! In honor of this special occasion, the Disneyland Resort is pleased to announce the official reopening date of Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland park – March 8, 2023!"

So, no store anymore? They don't mention it anywhere in the article. I realize that the entrance to Runaway Railway is going where the Five and Dime once stood, but I would think they would want to mention what the replacement store for the Gag Factory would be. Surely, this iteration of Runaway Railway would exit out into a store (most rides do).

I'm also a little surprised that they still retained Gadget Hackwrench for the roller coaster, albeit in a diminished capacity.

I'm guessing also that the candy thing in Goofy's house is a special version of Goofy's Candy Co. I don't know much about it, other than it's a thing apparently (and is a store at Disney Springs):
936eccbf5b7c080c2bc5f72ed1f40338.jpg

I also hope they alter the radio broadcasts heard in Mickey and Minnie's houses and in the queue of the Roger Rabbit ride, both in Baby Herman's apartment and at the desk behind the load area, as that is full of outdated references to things that don't (or won't) exist anymore, including the Jolly Trolley, Pluto's Dog House and Goofy's Gas Station:

For good measure, they should also change out the call sign on the radio from W.A.C.K.Y. (which would really only work east of the Mississippi (i.e., Florida)) to something more appropriate, like maybe K.R.A.Z.Y.

D.Silentu

So, no store anymore? They don't mention it anywhere in the article. I realize that the entrance to Runaway Railway is going where the Five and Dime once stood, but I would think they would want to mention what the replacement store for the Gag Factory would be.
Pardon, but I believe the entrance is further into the land and the Five and Dime is now the exit, presumably using the former retail space as the ride's gift shop.
For good measure, they should also change out the call sign on the radio from W.A.C.K.Y. (which would really only work east of the Mississippi (i.e., Florida)) to something more appropriate, like maybe K.R.A.Z.Y.
I hadn't thought of this, but you're right, they really should.

mharrington

Pardon, but I believe the entrance is further into the land and the Five and Dime is now the exit, presumably using the former retail space as the ride's gift shop.

If you look at concept art or scale models, you will notice that the entrance is out in the open, as the Five and Dime was. The Gag Factory is tucked away a bit, which I believe is no good for huge lines. I think the Gag Factory is where the ride exit will be.

Consumer

I'm curious to know why they felt the need to change it. Was the old sign too similar to the Toy Story logo and it was confusing guests?

Dr.Cheeto

Seeing the kinetic figures placed all over Super Nintendo Land got me thinking, why can't Toontown do something similar? Imagine if they added simple things like cartoon birds flying in circles around a building's turret. Even animating window eye blinks for the buildings that look like faces would be fun. Silhouettes of characters walking by in the windows. Or instead of the uninspired "Walt's dreaming tree," why not theme it to a park that would actually exist in a cartoon world, like animatronic trees and flowers from the Silly Symphonies Flowers and Trees short?

Last edited:

J4546

Seeing the kinetic figures placed all over Super Nintendo Land got me thinking, why can't Toontown do something similar? Imagine if they added simple things like cartoon birds flying in circles around a building's turret. Even animating window eye blinks for the buildings that look like faces would be fun. Silhouettes of characters walking by in the windows. Or instead of the uninspired "Walt's dreaming tree," why not theme it to something that would actually exist in a cartoon world, like an animatronic tree from the Silly Symphonies Flowers and Trees short?
I wouldnt call Walts dreaming tree "uninspired", Its very specifically inspired. I get that you and other may think its dull but to say it unispired is kinda weird imo

Brer Oswald

Seeing the kinetic figures placed all over Super Nintendo Land got me thinking, why can't Toontown do something similar? Imagine if they added simple things like cartoon birds flying in circles around a building's turret. Even animating window eye blinks for the buildings that look like faces would be fun. Silhouettes of characters walking by in the windows. Or instead of the uninspired "Walt's dreaming tree," why not theme it to a park that would actually exist in a cartoon world, like animatronic trees and flowers from the Silly Symphonies Flowers and Trees short?
All of those ideas sound great. I would have preferred if that was the direction of the refresh. But I guess what they are doing is better than it getting fully replaced

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom