News Reimagined Toontown coming

PiratesMansion

Isn’t BTMRR a retheme of Mine train through natures wonder?
There are some superficial similarities, but they are different attractions.

Nature's Wonderland was a big, long train ride through different scenic environments. It was NOT a roller coaster or thrilling in any respect. It was a bit more like a less-humorous western Jungle Cruise or the Calico Mine Ride at Knott's than it is Big Thunder Mountain.

BTMRR uses only a portion of the Nature's Wonderland footprint and preserved the Rainbow Ridge town that was part of the Nature Wonderland boarding area, but is otherwise its own thing.

smooch

I'd call Indy a thrill ride. It has a high height limit for the park and features a ride system which jostles you about pretty good. I find it more thrilling than Big Thunder (and I love Big Thunder). Splash even has a thrill element with the drop, hence the Ernest advertising campaign.
I personally would consider Indy a thrill ride as well, it moves at a decent speed or at least gives the illusion of speed when combined with the (artificial) movements over bumpy terrain and down steep slopes and such. I feel thrilled on it for sure, and I would consider Splash a thrill ride with the drop even though a majority of the ride is slow moving through show scenes with minor drops / lifts until the final drop.
Would work for something like a trackless dark ride where you get a good view of other ride vehicles.
That is true, I agree it would make more sense in a ride you see other vehicles on and a coaster wouldn't be that since you can only keep 1 vehicle on block sections of coasters at a time, but I guess I just don't know how I feel about so many trackless dark rides being added where their main use is story telling when modern Disney seems to not do too well on story telling on rides. At least with thrill rides there is the physical enjoyment of t
Cosmic Rewind at WDW.

Would you count RSR at DCA? (I count it as I can't go on it due to motion sickness.) Although I know it's fairly related to Test Track, it's not the same.
I know CR at WDW it looks like it would be a fun ride, based on videos. Whether it belongs in EPCOT is another discussion but it would be crowded in TL with SM and TRON being currently built. But I would definitely consider RSR a thrill ride just for the end race segment, but the dark ride elements are 100% better than Test Track. I rode Test Track when I was about 8 and loved it but the inside part was meh to me, not awful but nothing super engaging. Cars Land opened when I was 12 and I didn't end up being able to go til I was about 16 but I loved getting to experience RSR because it was the thrill of Test Track with the story telling and immersive scenes inside the mountain that I loved as a kid when I watched the Cars movies. I think it is a great example of merging storytelling with thrill rides, not overly engineered (helps it was a copy of an existing ride system but still) but still fun for everyone (unless you can't handle the motion of the racing scene). I have no clue when my next WDW trip will be but I will definitely try CR when I go next.

mharrington

Very likely they just haven't gotten to that section of the project yet. Or its possible that Goofy's is getting a larger alteration requiring a longer refurb than other sections of the project. However I wouldn't read too much into it at this point. Not every inch of the area will be under scaffolding at the same time. Notice how many of the other facades and sections are not under scaffolding yet either, even though we know its very likely they'll be getting a fresh coat of paint.

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't look like they made very much progress on the outdoor pavement since the last photo update. Shouldn't they have started groundbreaking on the tree?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't look like they made very much progress on the outdoor pavement since the last photo update. Shouldn't they have started groundbreaking on the tree?
How long do you think it takes to pour pavement?

There is a little over 6 months left in 2022, not to mention whatever months between the start of 2023 and reopening, plenty of time to build a tree and "picnic grassy" type area.

mharrington

There is a little over 6 months left in 2022, not to mention whatever months between the start of 2023 and reopening, plenty of time to build a tree and "picnic grassy" type area.
I just think, though, that they would at least gives some kind of a hint (like maybe a truck or something) right where things are going to be built.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I just think, though, that they would at least gives some kind of a hint (like maybe a truck or something) right where things are going to be built.
Why would they give a "hint"? Disney has the construction plans so they don't need "hints" on where things will go.

Disney isn't putting easter eggs around the construction site for fans. This is construction with set plans, it has it own timeline on when thing will be done and in what order.

truecoat

The gas station around the corner from work tore out a good portion of cement by the pumps 2 days ago. Poured cement and it was open for cars to drive on it yesterday.

Phroobar

Disney's attention to detail is they are mixing the cement by hand from bags bought at Home Depo.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Haven’t seen any noteworthy updates.

Really looking forward to Toontown reopening, though. Even though it’s just one of many factors making the park feel more crowded, reopening that space (and the added capacity of MMRR) will undoubtedly make a big difference.

I’m also kind of hoping the upgrades and addition of MMRR will make the land a little more friendly to childless adults like myself (lol), and maybe I’ll actually head back there sometimes.

mharrington

I just saw on the permits thread that the sign for the ride was being installed, or at least a file for such was installed. It's a step in the right direction, but it doesn't seem to indicate anything really new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom