News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

lentesta

Premium Member
Wow! So, Rapunzel is still a blonde, Beast is still hairy, and the American colonies have yet to separate from the United Kingdom... which is kind of funny, but if you think about it, we were British Colonies longer that the United States. And the pavilion is called "The American Adventure" not the "United States of America." That means we can include everyone living here after 1492 at least! lol!

You're on to something, man. The historic trend of this country is inclusivity. Let's be inclusive.

Everything from the farthest north of Canada, to the bottom tip of Chile, is part of North, Central, or South America. Everyone who lives there is an American by definition, so it's just as much their Adventure as ours.

If nothing else, this guarantees we'll have better food options. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

fngoofy

There is nothing more American than domestic trash beer you know. Not many people sit outside tending their Brisket on the smoker drinking a Jai Alai IPA.
I live in the #1 BBQ city in the US and the evidence is counter to your statement.
#justsayinisall

mikejs78

Premium Member
You're on to something, man. The historic trend of this country is inclusivity. Let's be inclusive.

Everything from the farthest north of Canada, to the bottom tip of Chile, is part of North, Central, or South America. Everyone who lives there is an American by definition, so it's just as much their Adventure as ours.

If nothing else, this guarantees we'll have better food options. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
In actuality, the term "Regal Eagle" is actually a thing. Google it.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It doesn’t even make sense...Like they asked first graders to pick a name in altamonte springs or something?
I work for a new home builder. Many years ago, a developer was launching a massive 22,000 home project in Brampton, and school kids were permitted to choose street names for a small section of the first phase.

This is how you end up with houses at the corner of Bumblebee Crescent and Grasshopper Way. 🙄

awoogala

I work for a new home builder. Many years ago, a developer was launching a massive 22,000 home project in Brampton, and school kids were permitted to choose street names for a small section of the first phase.

This is how you end up with houses at the corner of Bumblebee Crescent and Grasshopper Way. 🙄
I would totally move to Bumblebee crescent and Grasshopper Way! SO adorable!

TDogg76

The article says “new location”. I was just there and they were doing something in front of the restrooms. I wonder if this is the new location? And if it is...what’s in store for the large location that will be vacated??? Hmmm..

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I think people are being too harsh on the name. Eagles do look very regal when they are soaring above with their huge wingspans. Eagles (specifically the bald eagle) is an important symbol of the US. So...regal eagle.

EPCOTCenterLover

I always wondered why such odd street names came into being.

Sir_Cliff

I think people are being too harsh on the name. Eagles do look very regal when they are soaring above with their huge wingspans. Eagles (specifically the bald eagle) is an important symbol of the US. So...regal eagle.
This upset over the use of the adjective "regal" has me scratching my head, to be honest. Do people in the US not use that term for things other than monarchs, or only to refer to something that makes them think of a monarch? I thought it was one of those terms like "majestic" that had just worked its way into the language with only a very loose association with its original meaning.

I guess, though, I am from a distant colony of convicts still under the cruel thumb of Her Majesty.

Last edited:

awoogala

This upset over the use of the adjective "regal" has had me scratching my head, to be honest. Do people in the US not use that term for things other than monarchs, or only to refer to something that makes them think of a monarch? I thought it was one of those terms like "majestic" that had just worked its way into the language with only a very loose association with its original meaning.

I guess, though, I am from a distant colony of convicts still under the cruel thumb of Her Majesty.
I am fine with Regal, or Eagle.. but the rhyming is just ..weird. (also, I will accidentally call it the regal beagle, forever, because three's company has that stuck in my head)
Plus Regal= sounds more like white tablecloth dining, not BBQ, to me.
The whole name just seems awkward, honestly.
Why not something easy, like "Great American Smokehouse"?

Sir_Cliff

I am fine with Regal, or Eagle.. but the rhyming is just ..weird. (also, I will accidentally call it the regal beagle, forever, because three's company has that stuck in my head)
Plus Regal= sounds more like white tablecloth dining, not BBQ, to me.
The whole name just seems awkward, honestly.
Why not something easy, like "Great American Smokehouse"?
I actually prefer Regal Eagle. It's catchy, irreverant, and kind of fun to say, which both seems very Disney theme park and, honestly, American to me. I can imagine the rhyming name getting it a little notice in a vast world showcase of restaurants, and an absurdly dignified logo would really making it pop!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Every time I read "regal eagle" all I see is...

EBCEBE5B-FD66-4306-A06A-FF08D5212193.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom