Refrigerators being temporarily removed from all rooms

stalkingmickey

Staying AKL club level and we take back a few bottle of beer each back to our room each night to enjoy on the balcony as well as bottled water. There are plenty of items club level guest would get from lounge and use the frig for.
I am disappointed as I thought my days of styrofoam coolers and ices runs were over. And I do consider whether a room has a frig or not when I travel. I have paid a higher rate at some hotels when traveling just to have a frig in the room.
But since I have no choice in this matter I will have to buy a disposable cooler when we arrive. Lets just say the first time I go to ice machine and its broken or empty I will say something then. Since they are well aware of this issue they should be working overtime to make sure all ice machines are operational and keeping up with the demand it will have.

AintNoOtherMan

Not that big of a deal for me because we don't really use the fridge. I do hope that those who need it for medical reasons get a fridge before complainers though. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal for anyone though (unless you have a medical condition). A minor inconvenience is much better than the fridge catching on fire... Now THAT would ruin my vacation!

matt9112

If I'm with the ole ball and chain and the rugrats, I need to have my meds refrigerated -

Screen-Shot-2013-04-09-at-3.06.50-PM.png

ball in style like its 1989

jkl2000

Are there places in the World where bottled beer can be bought and brought back to your room (POFQ) without a car or taxi? Besides room service.

kasey1988

Bottles are sold in the gift shop and food court at pofq. I've also heard you can walk to a Hess station from DTD , we haven't done this but may look more into it for our upcoming trip!

Fantasmic

I've heard the ones at AOA aren't affected? We're stay at TLM section in Sept... wondering if anyone has any clues as to whether we'll have a fridge or not?

WDWYankee15

Too many pages to read through, sorry.

Anyone have an update on where things stand at Pop Century? Any issues getting a refrigerator there recently?

kbmb

Just a quick update.....just checked into the Wilderness Lodge today.....Woods Views Bunks.....and we have a working fridge in the room. We did NOT request it.....but it's here and working.

MickeyPeace

You're not guaranteed to get one until they are all changed out. We requested one three times and still ended up with an empty cabinet.

Good to know. The agent I spoke with informed me that they were changing over the refrigerators and asked me if I needed one. She gave me the option. I said no but if I change my mind when I'm there can I get one. She said yes, let the front desk know and they will get one even if they have to scramble for it. If I were you, I would have spoken to a manager. Requesting three times and not getting one is unacceptable. For Disney especially.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom