Refrigerators being temporarily removed from all rooms

copcarguyp71

We use a car service instead of ME so for our trip next month we will probably grab a styrofoam cooler at Publix on our way to the resort when we make our stop for water, beer, wine, snacks Etc. We did request a fridge at CSR but apparently nothing is guaranteed...best to be safe folks, especially if you do not have a car and are locked in once on-site.

Tater tot

I stayed at Pop couple weeks ago and they had a letter taped to the fridge saying it couldn't be used due to a safety issue. It was still in the enclosed cabinet but only unplugged. So I plugged it in and it worked. I got away with keeping it plugged in. Mousekeeping didn't unplug it. I figured if it was such a huge risk then it would have been totally removed in the first place.

Tom

Beta Return
I stayed at Pop couple weeks ago and they had a letter taped to the fridge saying it couldn't be used due to a safety issue. It was still in the enclosed cabinet but only unplugged. So I plugged it in and it worked. I got away with keeping it plugged in. Mousekeeping didn't unplug it. I figured if it was such a huge risk then it would have been totally removed in the first place.

OMG! You could have blowed up the entire property!!!!111!!!1! How dare you plug in a fridge that's worked fine for years?

:rolleyes:

CaptainShortty

I've heard the ones at AOA aren't affected? We're stay at TLM section in Sept... wondering if anyone has any clues as to whether we'll have a fridge or not?

The Suites are not affected however the regular Little Mermaid rooms were. You may or may not have a fridge that works in your room.

Fantasmic

The Suites are not affected however the regular Little Mermaid rooms were. You may or may not have a fridge that works in your room.

Thanks, if we do, we do. If we don't, no big problem we'll get a cheap cooler from Walmart and keep it topped with ice :) TBH we didn't massively use the fridge in POR last time... just for milk really. Although on the other hand we're there for 2 weeks so it would be nice to have a fridge LOL

RedBaron

We got very lucky with a fridge at POFQ last week. After we checked in, we loaded our stuff from our cooler to the fridge. Maybe 5 minutes later someone knocked on our door telling us that he would be taking the fridge. We told him that we just loaded it, and he said no problem and he would take it after we checked out. :joyfull:

wendysue

I called yesterday about a fridge at POP when we go, and I was told that they have replaced all the fridge's at 11 resorts so far, and that Pop should be done by the time we get there in late Sept. If not, I'll just request it for hubby's medication. Should be no problem.

this may have been covered in one of the previous 14 pages on this thread but what about guests who need a fridge for medical reasons? My DH is a type 1 diabetic. We need to keep his insulin cold - and keeping it it an ice bucket is not really safe. I guess I should just call the Wildnerness Lodge directly which is where we are staying in October. Really hope this is not an issue.

G00fyDad

this may have been covered in one of the previous 14 pages on this thread but what about guests who need a fridge for medical reasons? My DH is a type 1 diabetic. We need to keep his insulin cold - and keeping it it an ice bucket is not really safe. I guess I should just call the Wildnerness Lodge directly which is where we are staying in October. Really hope this is not an issue.

It was, and its not.

Disvillain63

Today, 8/23/13...received the letter about the refrigerators for my upcoming trip...I understand that originally it did not effect DVC units and that's where we are staying...so, are they sending the letter to everyone that has an upcoming trip...no matter where they're staying, or are the DVC units affected too?

Tom

Beta Return
Today, 8/23/13...received the letter about the refrigerators for my upcoming trip...I understand that originally it did not effect DVC units and that's where we are staying...so, are they sending the letter to everyone that has an upcoming trip...no matter where they're staying, or are the DVC units affected too?

That's new....because supposedly DVC was unaffected.

RedGear

Thought I would share my experience. I got this letter in the mail, and I called the number and it's an automated message that says if you recently got a letter in regards to the refrigerators and are staying at "All Star, Pop Century, Port Orleans, or Caribbean Beach, Press 1. For all other Resorts press 2" - We are staying at Boardwalk Villas and I pressed 2", and another message comes on saying that there will be a fridge in our room for our stay. Hope this helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom