Refrigerators being temporarily removed from all rooms

G00fyDad

....I'm highly entertained with the press release wording where it's referred to as "a possible defect". It's never, "we messed up royally ...and installed them wrong".

Why couldn't it be a defect? They have had fridges in cabinets for years haven't they? They are just having trouble with the installation in cabinets now?

JerseyDad

Why couldn't it be a defect? They have had fridges in cabinets for years haven't they? They are just having trouble with the installation in cabinets now?

.....these new "fridges" ....('coolers' actually) ....aren't made to be in cabinets. (the manufacturer recommends against doing so)

Innkeeper's Club

Does anyone know what the order is on which resorts are getting them back and etc? Also what are the chances that guests staying Club Level at the Deluxe Resorts might be high on the list of getting them back a lot faster? I ask that because they are more likely to need them when taking drinks back from the loung. Plus with the extra costs of those rooms wouldn't that make them a higher priority to get the fridges back a lot faster?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Does anyone know what the order is on which resorts are getting them back and etc? Also what are the chances that guests staying Club Level at the Deluxe Resorts might be high on the list of getting them back a lot faster? I ask that because they are more likely to need them when taking drinks back from the loung. Plus with the extra costs of those rooms wouldn't that make them a higher priority to get the fridges back a lot faster?
Most people who take drinks back from the lounge would be drinking them....not refrigerating them.

The price one pays for a room does not equate to more or less NEED of a fridge.

Tom

Beta Return
Most people who take drinks back from the lounge would be drinking them....not refrigerating them.

Right. EVERYONE paid to have a fridge in the room, and if they need one, one should be provided.

Innkeeper's Club

We like to take extra drinks back to our room and put them in the fridge. So can't say that all guests who stay Club Level who take drinks back would not be refrigerating them.

Innkeeper's Club

Right. EVERYONE paid to have a fridge in the room, and if they need one, one should be provided.
While it's true that everyone who stays at a Moderate and Deluxe Resort automatically gets a fridge, the guests who stay Club Level pay a little bit extra. That's why I was wondering if they are more likely to get them back a lot faster then non Club Level guests.

Nemo14

While it's true that everyone who stays at a Moderate and Deluxe Resort automatically gets a fridge, the guests who stay Club Level pay a little bit extra. That's why I was wondering if they are more likely to get them back a lot faster then non Club Level guests.

The extra they pay though is not for a refrigerator. It's basically for bragging rights from what I can see.

G00fyDad

The Club Level lounges don't have fountain drinks like you see at a Quick Service location. I was referring to taking back cans of Coca Cola or Sprite which they do have available.

But I don't think that's what he was talking about. I think he was talking about a fountain drink. No one's going to take that back to the room to put it in the fridge. Yes, I do agree cans and bottles of coke would go there. That's what we put in the fridge.

Tom

Beta Return
But I don't think that's what he was talking about. I think he was talking about a fountain drink. No one's going to take that back to the room to put it in the fridge. Yes, I do agree cans and bottles of coke would go there. That's what we put in the fridge.

I don't think you can safely say "no one" would do that. I've put fountain drinks in the fridge overnight, but I also don't mind flat soda.

G00fyDad

I don't think you can safely say "no one" would do that. I've put fountain drinks in the fridge overnight, but I also don't mind flat soda.

It was a simple over generalization. I never thought anyone would actually think that I really meant no one would do it. o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom