Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag…please feel free to discuss this incessantly. :cool:
Loose lips sink ships.

And get people into trouble.

And potentially stop any further information.

Heres one. Shot wobbly-vision On a phone with the inferno barge closing down the camera auto iris. And With the project incomplete. You'll get the idea.

Last edited:

Donald96

Loose lips sink ships.

Heres one. Shot wobbly-vision On a phone with the inferno barge closing down the camera auto iris. And With the project incomplete. You'll get the idea.

Not only do they look better but people are noticing. If you watch around 3:20 you can hear the crowd gasp at the effect the lasers have, something that never happened before.

flyerjab

Loose lips sink ships.

Actually I was just kidding. Definitely don't want to get anyone in trouble. I enjoy this site too much.

TimeTrip

Wait a minute.. the link for the video says it was taken on Oct 22nd ...
Was that just a cleaned-up old American laser?

flyerjab

I have always been curious about this. Is there any one particular viewing spot that is considered the best for viewing Illuminations?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
The one that you stated was shot wobbly vision, presumably by some random tourist :). About 10 posts back.
I was told it shows the new effects, now you mention it pretty much shows what mine did.
If it was the 22 it is indeed and old one.
New ones started to go online last week.

There should be a few good proper videos very soon.

Last edited:

janoimagine

I have always been curious about this. Is there any one particular viewing spot that is considered the best for viewing Illuminations?
Center stage is technically between the port of entry shops. Japans upper level is great, but my favorite place by far has been in Italy, the audio seems to be better and the view of the globe in the background is wonderful. Here is a shot I took from Italy last year.

Fireworks Friday, Illuminations via Italy by janoimagine, on Flickr

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Sage of Time

^^^

And here I am hoping for December and the Peace on Earth finale... Lagoon lasers, please. :) That'll make up for losing Mr. Cronkite. Sort of.

Center stage is technically between the port of entry shops. Japans upper level is great, but my favorite place by far has been in Italy, the audio seems to be better and the view of the globe in the background is wonderful. Here is a shot I took from Italy last year.

Fireworks Friday, Illuminations via Italy by janoimagine, on Flickr
I too, have found that Italy has a great soundscape going for it. You can hear the elephant roars and whale song play just after Chaos and the Earth Barge make its trek out onto the lagoon. Really nice contextual details that add to the show. They'd been missing for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom