• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

Advertisement
Does anyone else find this absurd? What type of emissions can a couple dozen shells put out that is so terribly wrong? I know the show goes on 365 days a year, but I can't imagine the pollution (for lack of a better word) from some screamers is any worse than a smoke spewing Disney bus?

Or putting it another way, I'm sure whatever they put out is a lot less than a couple minutes of exhaust from Iger and company's corporate jet.

Or is there more to it?
I suppose it would depend on exactly what type of hazardous emission they produced and the direct impact they had on the area in question. That being said, I completely see your point and am definitely on the same page as you. It does seem a little extreme.

Sage of Time

I had noticed something being up with the waterline mums last Thursday that I couldn't place. Maybe it was the new bursts? Either way, it's scary that people can watch a video and catch such subtle differences. Especially in the two shots before 1000 points of light. Nice catch. When I saw the show on Thurs., instead of the usual single comet which begins the show, there were two, one from AA and one from Canada. Odd.

I won't even get into my feelings on Walter Cronkite. Won't change anything. If the new narration has anything to do with Frozen I will cry. That is all.
The two comet thing is really weird. Sounds like they were using the old 1999 AFL location from the UK to launch it.... with the post accident location on the American Adventure? Funky.

Ironically from that position there were no lasers to see that night.

Had it been last night though....
Offffff course. Back to YouTube to hunt. hahah.

I think a lot of people think the show is over then. I've told people to stay and they thanked me for it later. In essence, they think the end of "Life, Adventure" is the climax.
"We Go On" is the perfect way to keep the pace after such an intense part (the finale of the "Life, Adventure" act). It brings you back down to that place you need to be emotionally in order to be able to fully appreciate the Thousand Points of Light climax. The whole WGO segment builds to that moment, without the building up to it, the TPoL wouldn't have nearly the same impact it has now. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I know some people think the globe segment at the beginning ("Order") slows the show down, but I think the pacing of the show is exactly where it needs to be in order to keep the emotional element strong throughout.

Gomer

P.S. Why do people feel like they need to skip We Go On. UGH.
I made that mistake my first time seeing illuminations. The tone and style of We Go On sounds similar to the laid back Wishes post music, so I took it as a cue that the show was over and started bolting for the exit. Luckily I still was in a good spot just past Mexico when I realized my mistake and I was able to catch the finale. But I’d imagine a lot of first timers do the same thing.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'll keep scouting YouTube, then. Really eager to see how the new lasers look- you think they'll be that noticeable in an amateur's YouTube, vid, @marni1971?
Probably not given how bad some Iphone videos are!

I have seen one short clip and the beams do show up. A steady, focussed and properly exposed camera looking at the right place should do it justice. Now or when the projects complete.

Last edited:

Sage of Time

Probably not given how bad some Iphone videos are!

I have seen one short clip and the beams do show up. A steady, focussed and properly exposed camera looking at the right place should do it justice. Now or when the projects complete.
I'm assuming that this isn't on youtube and the wait goes on?

Martin, you tease, you. :p

Thanks for the steady stream of information, though. Always appreciated.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I made that mistake my first time seeing illuminations. The tone and style of We Go On sounds similar to the laid back Wishes post music, so I took it as a cue that the show was over and started bolting for the exit. Luckily I still was in a good spot just past Mexico when I realized my mistake and I was able to catch the finale. But I’d imagine a lot of first timers do the same thing.
Oops! Yeah, I can see how that might happen. :(

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a permit filed today for installation of a "communication system", the work area starts behind the Japan pavillion, goes cross the lagoon connecting the three islands, and finally ends up backstage behind Norway. I am guessing this has something to do with the Illuminations improvements
Nice find ;)

Last edited: