Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

Sage of Time

Last week, if anyone wants to keep track.

Exciting times. The show hasn't had so much love since 1999.

I really hope that they publicize that they're doing this to Reflections of Earth. After the whole Maesltrom and entertainment mess, EVERYONE could use some good press and excitement for EPCOT.

I mean, what else do we have? Soarin 3?

rangerbob

Italy most likely has been improved as that is the area that they use most for rented space. There are many times that I've been there and it was closed for something. I think they do the desert party in there now along with the rentals. I've seen numerous wedding parties in there.

michmousefan

Where is the "reserved" FastPass+ viewing area for Illuminations, anyway? I'll be there the first week of Dec, but the FPs for the viewing area aren't available. Not a big deal, I'm guessing, but was curious as to where they were placing the reserved areas.

TB4244

It's behind and to the side of the Port of Entry store at the entrance to WS. The view is ok, but not really worth a fastpass, there are plenty of great places to watch from.

Rob562

i have zero respect for anybody that B*tches about EPCOT yet never rode Spacship Earth prior to 1994.

As much of an EPCOT fan as I am, I actually never got a chance to ride the Cronkite version. My first visit to EPCOT Center was in the spring of 1986 a month or two before they switched the original narration to Walter's, and then my second visit wasn't until spring of 1995 after they'd switched to the Jeremy Irons version...

As for RoE, I'm glad it's getting the love and attention it needs. Watched the show three times on my trip a few weeks ago, and especially on our third night (Nov 5th) the Canada laser was looking excellent. (We were watching from the Canada steps, so the laser was fanning out right above us)

-Rob

Sage of Time

^^^ That's a good sign. Usually, I can only see the lasers that are being shot out "in front" of you, and the one behind you never really can be seen. Excellent.

Anyone have any new vids? ^_^

ChristianG

This is the most recent video I can find, although I'm not sure how recently it was recorded.

Don't get your hopes up before you watch this, though. You can't see a lot because the lasers are overpowered by the brightness of the pyro.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom