• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

Lands of Wonder

I was born in 1991, nothing that great has happened to Epcot Since 1994, Epcot was in a downward spiral since I was being pushed in a stroller so this is probably the one of the first most exiting things to ever happen at Epcot for me ever since I have been an Epcot nerd.

Sage of Time

Advertisement
Does anyone else wish they'd bring back the 3 colored bursts instead of the white ones they replaced them with in middle of Life, Adventure? I took this photo back in 2010 and sadly have never been able to recreate it with a newer camera. @marni1971 was that an environmental change as well?

I think they changed the product from the custom colors to generic ones. Might have been environmental, but I am not sure.

janoimagine

No, those colors were back during my October trip
Does anyone else wish they'd bring back the 3 colored bursts instead of the white ones they replaced them with in middle of Life, Adventure? I took this photo back in 2010 and sadly have never been able to recreate it with a newer camera. @marni1971 was that an environmental change as well?

As of October those colors ... or close to it are back. The reason they were gone in the first place was not environmental but rather a supply issue ... I believe that was what Martin said a year or so ago.

Lands of Wonder

They get their fireworks from manny different suppliers, they have issues like this when a company discontinues a certain shell model, delayed shipment since they are delivered overseas by ship or on land by train. In the mean time sometimes they will use a different product that will do the job, they also find new and better suppliers that way

Sage of Time

Martin, on what nights did you shoot your ROE 2014 video?

I just rewatched it and just noticed that there's a "sparkle" effect to the Canada lasers. I was in town while you were and was wondering if that was from the rain/mist that fell during the show on October 3rd.

...or if it was a new effect of sorts. hahaha.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
The shots of Canada's laser were Monday 22 September. When it did rain somewhat. Rain always made the lasers more prominent but I didn't expect then to look so good, let alone show the intended color spectrum.

They were the old lasers still but had been cleaned up somewhat that week. Canadas table had issues the previous week and America has been down. I believe some reprogramming had also taken place in preparation for the new install.

Sage of Time

The shots of Canada's laser were Monday 22 September. When it did rain somewhat. Rain always made the lasers more prominent but I didn't expect then to look so good, let alone show the intended color spectrum.

They were the old lasers still but had been cleaned up somewhat that week. Canadas table had issues the previous week and America has been down. I believe some reprogramming had also taken place in preparation for the new install.
Oh, interesting. Did you shoot anything on the evening of Oct 3rd?

Meanwhile, still scouting out YouTube for a more recent vid....

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh, interesting. Did you shoot anything on the evening of Oct 3rd?

Meanwhile, still scouting out YouTube for a more recent vid....
I did but didn't really use much. Anything from the Canada shore was that night. Inbetween the rain.

Zac Skellington

There was a permit filed today for installation of a "communication system", the work area starts behind the Japan pavillion, goes cross the lagoon connecting the three islands, and finally ends up backstage behind Norway. I am guessing this has something to do with the Illuminations improvements.

Communication System Installation - Electrical Mechanical

TDO is hoping to add popularity to the new Moroccan restaurant by connecting it to Frozen...

Alektronic

Sage of Time

More to the point, someone get to Epcot and take some decent videos of them once they're up and running!
Seriously. I'm getting sick of searching YouTube every day. hahah.

Martin- are these the lasers that are supposed to be installed by year's end?? They don't have much time left before IllumiNations: Peace on Earth starts.... @marni1971

Top Bottom