Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

Sage of Time

Martin, on what nights did you shoot your ROE 2014 video?

I just rewatched it and just noticed that there's a "sparkle" effect to the Canada lasers. I was in town while you were and was wondering if that was from the rain/mist that fell during the show on October 3rd.

...or if it was a new effect of sorts. hahaha.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
The shots of Canada's laser were Monday 22 September. When it did rain somewhat. Rain always made the lasers more prominent but I didn't expect then to look so good, let alone show the intended color spectrum.

They were the old lasers still but had been cleaned up somewhat that week. Canadas table had issues the previous week and America has been down. I believe some reprogramming had also taken place in preparation for the new install.

Sage of Time

The shots of Canada's laser were Monday 22 September. When it did rain somewhat. Rain always made the lasers more prominent but I didn't expect then to look so good, let alone show the intended color spectrum.

They were the old lasers still but had been cleaned up somewhat that week. Canadas table had issues the previous week and America has been down. I believe some reprogramming had also taken place in preparation for the new install.
Oh, interesting. Did you shoot anything on the evening of Oct 3rd?

Meanwhile, still scouting out YouTube for a more recent vid....

Zac Skellington

There was a permit filed today for installation of a "communication system", the work area starts behind the Japan pavillion, goes cross the lagoon connecting the three islands, and finally ends up backstage behind Norway. I am guessing this has something to do with the Illuminations improvements.

Communication System Installation - Electrical Mechanical

capture-jpg.73738
TDO is hoping to add popularity to the new Moroccan restaurant by connecting it to Frozen...

Alektronic

Sage of Time

More to the point, someone get to Epcot and take some decent videos of them once they're up and running!
Seriously. I'm getting sick of searching YouTube every day. hahah.

Martin- are these the lasers that are supposed to be installed by year's end?? They don't have much time left before IllumiNations: Peace on Earth starts.... @marni1971

Crazydisneyfanluke

Seriously. I'm getting sick of searching YouTube every day. hahah.

Martin- are these the lasers that are supposed to be installed by year's end?? They don't have much time left before IllumiNations: Peace on Earth starts.... @marni1971
Ive found a video from the past week (i think) Its a vlog. When looking for videos try "Epcot fireworks" most people who are not like us, usually post it under that. Skip to about 20:30

RSoxNo1

Ive found a video from the past week (i think) Its a vlog. When looking for videos try "Epcot fireworks" most people who are not like us, usually post it under that. Skip to about 20:30

Lasers are most visible around 22:30. Definitely appear to be brighter and with different colors. If additional lasers will soon originate from the lagoon, that could be a nice addition to the show.

Nemo14

I've always wanted to see the holiday version of IllumiNations. How does it differ from the regular IllumiNations?

It starts with the song "Let There Be Peace on Earth" and then the phrase "Peace on earth" is said in several different languages, as each pavillion lights up.Then Walter Cronkite wishes Peace to all, followed by an insane amount of fireworks in the next 5 minutes or so. It is awesome!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom