Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

Father Robinson

I think a lot of people think the show is over then. I've told people to stay and they thanked me for it later. In essence, they think the end of "Life, Adventure" is the climax.
"We Go On" is the perfect way to keep the pace after such an intense part (the finale of the "Life, Adventure" act). It brings you back down to that place you need to be emotionally in order to be able to fully appreciate the Thousand Points of Light climax. The whole WGO segment builds to that moment, without the building up to it, the TPoL wouldn't have nearly the same impact it has now. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I know some people think the globe segment at the beginning ("Order") slows the show down, but I think the pacing of the show is exactly where it needs to be in order to keep the emotional element strong throughout.

Gomer

P.S. Why do people feel like they need to skip We Go On. UGH.

I made that mistake my first time seeing illuminations. The tone and style of We Go On sounds similar to the laid back Wishes post music, so I took it as a cue that the show was over and started bolting for the exit. Luckily I still was in a good spot just past Mexico when I realized my mistake and I was able to catch the finale. But I’d imagine a lot of first timers do the same thing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'll keep scouting YouTube, then. Really eager to see how the new lasers look- you think they'll be that noticeable in an amateur's YouTube, vid, @marni1971?
Probably not given how bad some Iphone videos are!

I have seen one short clip and the beams do show up. A steady, focussed and properly exposed camera looking at the right place should do it justice. Now or when the projects complete.

Last edited:

Sage of Time

Probably not given how bad some Iphone videos are!

I have seen one short clip and the beams do show up. A steady, focussed and properly exposed camera looking at the right place should do it justice. Now or when the projects complete.

I'm assuming that this isn't on youtube and the wait goes on?

Martin, you tease, you. :p

Thanks for the steady stream of information, though. Always appreciated.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I made that mistake my first time seeing illuminations. The tone and style of We Go On sounds similar to the laid back Wishes post music, so I took it as a cue that the show was over and started bolting for the exit. Luckily I still was in a good spot just past Mexico when I realized my mistake and I was able to catch the finale. But I’d imagine a lot of first timers do the same thing.

Oops! Yeah, I can see how that might happen. :(

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was a permit filed today for installation of a "communication system", the work area starts behind the Japan pavillion, goes cross the lagoon connecting the three islands, and finally ends up backstage behind Norway. I am guessing this has something to do with the Illuminations improvements.

Communication System Installation - Electrical Mechanical

capture-jpg.73738

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a permit filed today for installation of a "communication system", the work area starts behind the Japan pavillion, goes cross the lagoon connecting the three islands, and finally ends up backstage behind Norway. I am guessing this has something to do with the Illuminations improvements
Nice find ;)

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I was born in 1991, nothing that great has happened to Epcot Since 1994, Epcot was in a downward spiral since I was being pushed in a stroller so this is probably the one of the first most exiting things to ever happen at Epcot for me ever since I have been an Epcot nerd.

Sage of Time

Does anyone else wish they'd bring back the 3 colored bursts instead of the white ones they replaced them with in middle of Life, Adventure? I took this photo back in 2010 and sadly have never been able to recreate it with a newer camera. @marni1971 was that an environmental change as well?

Light-Up-The-Night.jpg
I think they changed the product from the custom colors to generic ones. Might have been environmental, but I am not sure.

janoimagine

No, those colors were back during my October trip
Does anyone else wish they'd bring back the 3 colored bursts instead of the white ones they replaced them with in middle of Life, Adventure? I took this photo back in 2010 and sadly have never been able to recreate it with a newer camera. @marni1971 was that an environmental change as well?

Light-Up-The-Night.jpg
As of October those colors ... or close to it are back. The reason they were gone in the first place was not environmental but rather a supply issue ... I believe that was what Martin said a year or so ago.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

They get their fireworks from manny different suppliers, they have issues like this when a company discontinues a certain shell model, delayed shipment since they are delivered overseas by ship or on land by train. In the mean time sometimes they will use a different product that will do the job, they also find new and better suppliers that way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom