News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

cjkeating

A few years ago didn't they clear and flatten a piece of land backstage that was rumoured to be for drones? Looking at some more recent pictures it looks like that piece of land has been used for nothing so far.

That land was used to build the tacos and stargate.

I believe drones would be launched from the lagoon to avoid them having to fly over anyone.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A few years ago didn't they clear and flatten a piece of land backstage that was rumoured to be for drones? Looking at some more recent pictures it looks like that piece of land has been used for nothing so far.

It was full of staging for the barges for the past year.

TTA94

That land was used to build the tacos and stargate.

I believe drones would be launched from the lagoon to avoid them having to fly over anyone.

I think Martin said awhile back he’d like to see drones carry anything in the lake with the wind or breeze lol, so I think that idea is out. Even without drones carrying anything that wind going across the lake could be problematic. They could be use drones as a added effect rather than a main effect for the show where they could be used or not used weather and wind depending.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This video is one of my favourites. I would have booed if I was there. 😅

Also interesting that it shows the 'compass' style centrepiece that was cut? Also the hint at drones which also seem to have been cut unless they are just keeping them very quiet?
Yeah I think the drones are something that could fairly easily be added/removed depending on the money and the state of the tech at the time.

Unplugged

I stayed off this thread to let "the dust settle" from barge deployment. After returning and reviewing the latest view of the barges on the lake, there is no debating that this is horrible. The screens look 8'-10' above the water line. Why aren't the screens along the side of the barges and only 18"-24" above the water line? The screens would (should) actually hide the majority of the barges, and moving them would not create wakes that would cause damage to the lower screens.

Ugh. Such a waste a great Vistas (the views, not the OS running the barges ;)). How many overpaid execs did it take to think of such an expensive disaster? I will go to my grave claiming they should have put in concrete pylons below the water and installed a World of Color-esque platform that is flexible and unobtrusive. I'd rather have water screens sprayed up from below for a rough video with heart then big LED TVs with detail sacrificing our day views.

Interesting how small the Electric Water Pagent towed barges are and how much joy it brings people, verse how massive these barges are and how many Internet complaints are already logged.

Father Robinson

At this point I don't care what the show is, be it another Happily Ever After on WSL or not. I just HATE the fact that those massive show pieces are docked there during the day. If they could store them backstage or out of sight until needed, then fine, do what you want for the actual show. At this point I'd take a bad show at night rather than during the day. I seriously can't believe that in this day and age I even have to choose.

Bocabear

This video is one of my favourites. I would have booed if I was there. 😅

Also interesting that it shows the 'compass' style centrepiece that was cut? Also the hint at drones which also seem to have been cut unless they are just keeping them very quiet?
There appears to be a huge open pad back by the Fireworks Marina area...Could this be the staging pad for the drones?

Bocabear

I think in the long term this strange looking Stargate and barges will be worth it. Both during the day and at night for Harmonious.
I wish I had your optimism about this... If the show is spectacular can you forgive the permanent eyesore gas refinery in the middle of the lake? I am not so sure... It is still hard to tell without the fountains and screens on...

TTA94

Not trying to justify it but at least the coverings will, ever slightly, be a improvement than looking at a giant silver truss ring and arms. The bottom of each barge though has no sign of any type of coverings. Not sure if it’s even possible with the pipes and vents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom