News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

techgeek

Until we decide to stop going and spend our money elsewhere, there is no reason for them to do any better. We (on this board at least) are all part of the problem.

If 300 people from a forum stop going to Disney that won't make a single difference. When Disney raises their prices, even more people go. I don't think anything would stop people from going to Disney World.

How many people does one voice on this forum potentially represent? How many people share the same feelings but never speak up or complain about it and just change their behavior? We are the canary in the coal mine for the general public. If they lose us, there’s likely much bigger issues in the larger population.

And they’ve (sort of) lost me, a lifelong fan. The direction of EPCOT in general and this show in specific is the straw that broke my back, piled on top of countless other things nipping at the heals over the years.

I can’t say I won’t ever give WDW business again... as a local I’m sure I’ll be through the gates with family or friends at some point, and I still spend time at Springs and other venues on property - but right now I am far more likely to prioritize other options for my leisure time and money. I’ve let my AP lapse, my on property spending is 20% of what it used to be and I’m not feeling like I’m missing much.

There’s some unique things that made WDW what it was and created the powerhouse destination that it is. To think that there’s no way that could ever fall is the height of hubris - a trait the company has seemingly become very comfortable with. Florida is littered with the remains of hundreds of tourist attractions that were once considered untouchable until Walt flew in and changed the game. I know people constantly claim Disney is different, but nothing lasts forever and it’s hard to stay on top for decade after decade. By the time Harmonious is wrapping its run in 2040, who knows what the landscape will look like and who will own what. If you take away all of the things that made something unique, what motivates the customer to choose you over a competitor? Inertia only gets you so far.

Brenthodge

They do not go any lower, they are not submarines, and they are floating.

You will notice there is a ton of equipment, which includes pumps, air conditioning handlers - all things which cannot go underwater.

HarmonioUS_Full_41612.jpg

HarmonioUS_Full_41615.jpg
What do these actually attach to (dock) are there slightly submerged docks? These aren’t moored yo the bottom, correct? I’m just wondering if at some point when “test and adjust” is complete would they retreat to backstage to be repainted or have some type of lower level screening attached, then moved back out “permanently”? I get needing to do lighting and fountain tests in position, but holding out hope that there may be some added element that is “late to the game” because it was designed once the “leave them out” decision was made. Otherwise these are beyond awful.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What do these actually attach to (dock) are there slightly submerged docks? These aren’t moored yo the bottom, correct? I’m just wondering if at some point when “test and adjust” is complete would they retreat to backstage to be repainted or have some type of lower level screening attached, then moved back out “permanently”? I get needing to do lighting and fountain tests in position, but holding out hope that there may be some added element that is “late to the game” because it was designed once the “leave them out” decision was made. Otherwise these are beyond awful.
No they are final, and are permanent.

Fox&Hound

Do any of our insiders know, are Disney execs and those in charge happy with how this turned out? Because I can understand that sometimes things on paper seem good until they come to fruition. Any chance they change course or make correction?

brihow

If 300 people from a forum stop going to Disney that won't make a single difference.
This is the same argument people make when they don't want to vote in political elections. Every voice counts and if you don't like the way things are going, speak up or spend elsewhere. I used to go to WDW every year and haven't been in the last 5 years because our last trip was so unpleasant. I probably will go again but my trips are so much less frequent than they used to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom