News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

So should we be expecting EF testing soon? From the 50th thread it’s sounding like fireworks are a go for summer. “Currently”.

Club34

How did this ever get green-lit? Seriously?

The last and final barge to be positioned...

1617852369441.png

owlsandcoffee

I think the larger (and sadder) truth is that most people who go to Disney World just don't really care about this stuff. They want to see Elsa and Remy and Rey and watch fireworks. There's nothing inherently wrong or lesser about that, but I do wish more people engaged with the parks on a critical level. I shouldn't fault people for being happy about something.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think the larger (and sadder) truth is that most people who go to Disney World just don't really care about this stuff. They want to see Elsa and Remy and Rey and watch fireworks. There's nothing inherently wrong or lesser about that, but I do wish more people engaged with the parks on a critical level. I shouldn't fault people for being happy about something.
Society in general is more dumbed down than even 30 years ago.

MrPromey

Society in general is more dumbed down than even 30 years ago.

My concern is the slipery-slope that people hate to hear about - the one we are at least half way down at this point. Soarin' sort of started it a long while back and as we have seen, they've been pushing the envelope on what they can get away with quite a bit as of late.

I hope they've gotten (and continue to get) enough negative feedback in the most dramatic ways possible on this whole thing with the show equipment to at least give them pause for the next atmosphere/sightline destroying "feature" they're considering for any of the parks.

It may be too late for the lagoon at Epcot and obviously the new vehicle assembly building isn't going anywhere but maybe it isn't too late for wiser minds to step in for other places around property that we care about.

We've seen bad trends with stuff come and go. Hopefully, these recent things will amount to this generation's version of the Swan/Dolphin and not something that signals a permanent future direction the company movies in.

Last edited:

SpectroMagician

This looks absolutely horrendous. Way more offensive than historically accurate depictions of shrunken heads. Whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired.

Skywise

The Epcot lagoon now looks like a landfill. Way to go Disney!
I'm withholding final judgement until they fire up the camouflage fountains - but I'm not hopeful they can do much to hide these monstrosities.

Especially the stargate.

Even IF the show is 1000x better than Illuminations it's still a 10 minute show at the end of the day and I can't see how you justify the cost and permanent eyesore in a **PARK** like this for what's ostensibly something to keep people in the park at night. (Especially in a place which sells BOOZE)

Another thought - These barges seem to have one purpose - the night show - it doesn't sound like they even considered doing a DAY show by adjusting the design (ala Bellagio in Las Vegas) similar to what they could do at Pixar Point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom