Original Poster
Canada barge arm testing today

HarmonioUS_Full_41241.jpg

HarmonioUS_Full_41242.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That makes complete sense.

My overall point was more that using Twitter to gauge much of anything with regards to the general public is a flawed proposition. I saw another example of this a few weeks ago with something completely unrelated to Disney -- there was something mentioned in a golf article that basically everyone wanted this individual to succeed and nobody disliked them. The comments were full of people who disliked the individual in question; the article's author said that they were basing it off Twitter reactions and apparently that wasn't accurate. No kidding.

That’s funny, because didn’t the “movement” to retheme Splash Mt start with a Twitter post from a WDI person? I completely agree with you, though. Twitter is mostly a cesspool.

Last edited:

Touchdown

We have Fountain Testing!!!

Wow looking at the video, that’s a Taco not the Stargate. It’s going to look amazing from Italy, Japan, Morocco, the FP area, the desert party area and the handicapped area. However the stargate will completely be obscured from every other viewing point.

This is not going to go well, especially if (as I assume) the stargate is the main storytelling window. Does anyone know if those central arms are going to be used to broadcast similar images to Norway-China and IG gateway-Great Britain?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow looking at the video, that’s a Taco not the Stargate. It’s going to look amazing from Italy, Japan, Morocco, the FP area, the desert party area and the handicapped area. However the stargate will completely be obscured from every other viewing point.

This is not going to go well, especially if (as I assume) the stargate is the main storytelling window. Does anyone know if those central arms are going to be used to broadcast similar images to Norway-China and IG gateway-Great Britain?
What makes you say it is a taco? I think it's the stargate looking at the position in the lagoon and the height.

jrhwdw

Photos of what I found Earlier:

I love it! It looks like WOC height! A first for WSL. If that's the Daytime Height(Who really knows at this point) we should have no problem hiding the Tacos/Stargate in the sunlight!

As far as this and the Bathroom lines....Rollseyes!...This can't be any different than being near FON, which ran 24/7 from 1982 till 2019!

Overall, a good 48 Hours for Epcot!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I can’t imagine it will go this high in the daytime - this is likely testing for the night time show surely?
Yes it probably isn't in a show configuration, perhaps just testing various power levels. Not sure if this is the first test, or just the first time it has been spotted. The barges have been wet int he morning previously, but hasn't been clear if the fountains were actually running.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom