• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
From what I just read about it, it was closed from 2013-2018 before reopening with the Pixar Pier stuff. It also looks like it has some other stuff beyond just a preview for upcoming attractions.

I can't see any reason for Disney to keep operating the EPCOT Experience once everything opens -- there's nothing else to it. Maybe they'll update it whenever they decide to actually do something else to the park, though.
Maybe they’ll reopen it when they start fixing the mess they’re currently making.

Or maybe not.

Brer Oswald

First, DisTwitter is cray cray. There's no moderator to reel in the most absurd and disrespectful and even hateful tweets. Anyone thinking that DisTwitter is representative of the Disney park fanbase doesn't know DisTwitter and it's excesses in both pixie dusting and Disney nerdrage.

Second, all Chris did was call out the use of telephoto shots of the barges/ring. And that's because the telephoto shots are a lie. People who use them are absolutely not making a good faith argument, and they deserve derision for that visual exaggeration. Chris just lol'd at their use of telephoto. He didn't say any of the mean stuff about them that I'm saying about them.

Third, for so much nothing of an issue (i.e., calling out telephoto shots as a false visual), it's disgusting to see the pile-on on Chris and people hoping he'll get fired. There's your cancel culture at work. Such delicate snowflakes for having their telephoto malarkey getting called out. Jeez, grow a spine.

Mind you. I've never defended the barges. But I will call out bad faith exaggerations unmoored from reality.
Missed this. But yes. Every word of it.

Brer Oswald

Ego, pure and simple. The modern WDI mantra is “no one can touch us,” no matter how delusional that is.
Also this. Nobody should be fired for a tweet like that, especially since the entire company is egotistical. But they need to tone down their ego in order to maintain their strong relationship with the consumer. Like everything in life, this can be worked on in a way that makes both parties happy. :)

UNCgolf

First, DisTwitter is cray cray. There's no moderator to reel in the most absurd and disrespectful and even hateful tweets. Anyone thinking that DisTwitter is representative of the Disney park fanbase doesn't know DisTwitter and it's excesses in both pixie dusting and Disney nerdrage.

This is true of all Twitter. DisTwitter may be worse than some other groups (calling for people to be fired over a tweet is silly), but thinking Twitter is a good representation of just about any group of people (other than, you know, Twitter users) is a really bad idea. There just aren't enough users that actually post/reply to things, and even the ones that do are a self-selected group that tend to amplify only the people that agree with them.

HauntedPirate

Sheltered-at-home Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Also this. Nobody should be fired for a tweet like that, especially since the entire company is egotistical. But they need to tone down their ego in order to maintain their strong relationship with the consumer. Like everything in life, this can be worked on in a way that makes both parties happy. :)

If by “all parties” you mean large shareholders, then yes.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is true of all Twitter. DisTwitter may be worse than some other groups

Disney twitter is especially bad because a large portion of the influencers are both financially and personally vested in the topic. People who have moved to be close to Disney, people who have worked for Disney, people who now make their living being Disney parasites, people aspiring to make their life be supported by online Disney content, etc.

So many are in so deep it drives extremes. And add in the lifestyle angle? It's a bubble of insanity.

Contrast that with say, most Car fanatics or Sports Teams fanatics... most don't dream or change their life to be closer to the team/company :)

UNCgolf

Disney twitter is especially bad because a large portion of the influencers are both financially and personally vested in the topic. People who have moved to be close to Disney, people who have worked for Disney, people who now make their living being Disney parasites, people aspiring to make their life be supported by online Disney content, etc.

So many are in so deep it drives extremes. And add in the lifestyle angle? It's a bubble of insanity.

Contrast that with say, most Car fanatics or Sports Teams fanatics... most don't dream or change their life to be closer to the team/company :)

That makes complete sense.

My overall point was more that using Twitter to gauge much of anything with regards to the general public is a flawed proposition. I saw another example of this a few weeks ago with something completely unrelated to Disney -- there was something mentioned in a golf article that basically everyone wanted this individual to succeed and nobody disliked them. The comments were full of people who disliked the individual in question; the article's author said that they were basing it off Twitter reactions and apparently that wasn't accurate. No kidding.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Original Poster
Canada barge arm testing today

HarmonioUS_Full_41241.jpg

HarmonioUS_Full_41242.jpg

HauntedPirate

Sheltered-at-home Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That makes complete sense.

My overall point was more that using Twitter to gauge much of anything with regards to the general public is a flawed proposition. I saw another example of this a few weeks ago with something completely unrelated to Disney -- there was something mentioned in a golf article that basically everyone wanted this individual to succeed and nobody disliked them. The comments were full of people who disliked the individual in question; the article's author said that they were basing it off Twitter reactions and apparently that wasn't accurate. No kidding.

That’s funny, because didn’t the “movement” to retheme Splash Mt start with a Twitter post from a WDI person? I completely agree with you, though. Twitter is mostly a cesspool.

Last edited:

Touchdown

We have Fountain Testing!!!

Wow looking at the video, that’s a Taco not the Stargate. It’s going to look amazing from Italy, Japan, Morocco, the FP area, the desert party area and the handicapped area. However the stargate will completely be obscured from every other viewing point.

This is not going to go well, especially if (as I assume) the stargate is the main storytelling window. Does anyone know if those central arms are going to be used to broadcast similar images to Norway-China and IG gateway-Great Britain?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Original Poster
Wow looking at the video, that’s a Taco not the Stargate. It’s going to look amazing from Italy, Japan, Morocco, the FP area, the desert party area and the handicapped area. However the stargate will completely be obscured from every other viewing point.

This is not going to go well, especially if (as I assume) the stargate is the main storytelling window. Does anyone know if those central arms are going to be used to broadcast similar images to Norway-China and IG gateway-Great Britain?
What makes you say it is a taco? I think it's the stargate looking at the position in the lagoon and the height.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom