News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

DCBaker

Premium Member
igatg383672b.jpg

TTA94

TTA94

I hope we get a new video update Thursday. I know it won’t be of the barges in action since no testing has taken place. Well, that we know of backstage. Im anxiously awaiting to hear a different piece of the soundtrack.

hpyhnt 1000

Don’t get me wrong, the Lights of Winter were nice, but I don’t think their loss weakened the nighttime lineup that much.

The elimination of all the other smaller items that accompanied the Lights of Winter didn't help. The oversize presents and stage around the Christmas tree, the tree lighting ceremony, the Peace Garden between the LoW and FoN. Taken separately, each component wasn't all that impressive, but combined they made the central spine of the park a pretty festive area in the evening.

Didn't help that EPCOT's Christmas decor hit a real low point in 2009/2010 - it was noticeably, almost depressingly sparse for a few years. Things gradually got better and I think the "switch" to the Festival of the Holidays has further helped rejuvenate the park's holiday offerings. But EPCOT still lacks the central holiday display the LoW provided.

EDIT: Forgot to add - REALLY hope Disney has come to its senses and isn't going to leave those barges floating in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon permanently. Every time we get an update I think A) Wow, those things are impressive, and B) Wow, those things are going to look hideous (and dare I say out of proportion) in the middle of the lagoon.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
EDIT: Forgot to add - REALLY hope Disney has come to its senses and isn't going to leave those barges floating in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon permanently. Every time we get an update I think A) Wow, those things are impressive, and B) Wow, those things are going to look hideous (and dare I say out of proportion) in the middle of the lagoon.
I really hope I’m wrong about that.

techgeek

I really hope I’m wrong about that.

I hope you're wrong too, but I'm not getting good vibes.

I haven't done the math, but it looks like they were designed in length and width to just barely clear the turn in the service canal and the bridge itself. If they plan on moving them in and out daily, that's a lot of finesse involved and likely a lot more 'bridge up' time required than RoE ever had.

jrhwdw

I haven't done the math, but it looks like they were designed in length and width to just barely clear the turn in the service canal and the bridge itself. If they plan on moving them in and out daily, that's a lot of finesse involved and likely a lot more 'bridge up' time required than RoE ever had.
Should be interesting to see if the Stargate can float out to WSL or if it needs to be lifted by Crane into WSL. If it needs a Crane, it's living in WSL until Harm. is replaced. If it can float out, Epcot maybe can do what they done it's whole life:

Move the barges out in the afternoon.

TTA94

I guess it’s no different if they get moved in and out or sit in the middle of WS Lagoon, but it seems like they will take a big beating with weather elements and such just sitting out there. Unless they cover them somehow until show time?

Maybe they could park them on the sides of the lagoon somewhere and then move them into place later in the day?

jrhwdw

I guess it’s no different if they get moved in and out or sit in the middle of WS Lagoon, but it seems like they will take a big beating with weather elements and such just sitting out there. Unless they cover them somehow until show time?

Maybe they could park them on the sides of the lagoon somewhere and then move them into place later in the day?
Was ROE or any IllumiNations Barges kept undercover until WSL time? Or were they always outside?

The ROE Globe can't be easy to hide. Harm.'s Stargate is going to be even harder!

Last edited:

TTA94

Was ROE or any IllumiNations Barges kept undercover until WSL time? Or were they always outside?

The ROE Globe can't be easy to hide. Harm.'s Stargate is going to be even harder!

No they were not covered. Probably wasn’t any safer backstage I guess lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom